With an increase in global warming leading to severe climate change, people are taking the initiative to switch to electric scooters. Electric scooters have become quite popular around the globe, and many people can be seen riding them. One such Electric Scooter making round is the Simple One. The Simple One electric scooter is an upcoming electric scooter which is a great option to buy since it has good battery backup and mileage and is available in many different colours. Find out all the details about this budget-friendly premium Electric Scooter in this blog!
Simple One Electric Scooter Launch Date
Bengaluru-based electric scooter company, Simple One has officially launched its first electric scooter in May 2023 and is now available for customers to purchase at the showrooms.
Simple One Electric Scooter Price in India
The price of the Simple One electric scooter will vary depending on the variant you are planning to purchase. The normal variant will be available to purchase at Rs. 1.10 lakh. On the other hand, the updated version of the Simple One electric scooter, the One Extra Range variant, will be available to purchase at Rs. 1.45 lakh. It is being said that there may be a further increase in the price of the scooters due to supply chain concerns, which will be clearer once the scooter is launched in India. The scooter will be available in those states with Simple One showrooms after its launch in March 2023.
Simple One Electric Scooter Photos
Simple One Electric Scooter Key Features
Range and Power
While the regular variant has a battery pack of 3.2 kWh with a 1.6 kWh removable module, the updated variant is expected to have a battery pack of 3.2 kWh with two 1.6 kWh removable modules. The regular variant has a riding range of 236 km per charge, whereas the updated variant of the Simple One electric scooter is expected to offer a riding range of 300+ km per charge. The updated version will also update its electric motor, which produces a power of 8.5 kW and 72 Nm of torque, offering customers better performance and a smooth ride. It also has a reverse mode and has a remote start, and a push-button start.
The regular variant has a riding range of 236 km per charge, whereas the updated variant of Simple One electric scooter is expected to offer a riding range of 300+ km per charge. The current charging time is expected to be between one and two hours, and have a top speed of 105 kmph.
The updated version has also updated its electric motor which is expected to produce a power of 8.5 kW and 72 Nm of torque which will offer better performance and smooth ride to the customers. The battery type of the scooter is lithium ion, and requires one to two hours to fully charge the scooter. The regular variant has a riding range of 236 km per charge, whereas the updated variant of Simple One electric scooter offers a riding range of 300+ km per charge, having a top speed of 105 kmph.
Motor Power: 8.5 kW
Range: 236 km/charge, 300+ km/charge
Acceleration: 2.95 seconds
Kerb Weight: 110 kg
Top Speed: 105 kmph
Battery Capacity: 3.04 kWh
Charging time: 1-2 hours
Motor Type: BLDC
Max torque: 72 Nm
Carrying Capacity: 30 L
Reverse mode: Yes
Starting: Remote and push-button start
- LED headlights, brake lights, and tail lights integrated with TSL (The Simple One)
- Low battery indicator, pass light indicator, and stand indicator
- 7-inch fully digital TFT display with Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity
- GPS navigation, geo-fencing, and cruise control
- Digital speedometer, tripmeter, and clock
- Mobile app connectivity for remote control and monitoring
- GSM connectivity and call alerts
- Music control and theme customization for the display
- Tire pressure monitoring system for added convenience
Battery and Charging
Battery Type: Lithium-ion
Battery Capacity: 4.8 kWh
Battery Charging time: 1-2 hours
Charging output: Portable 650W
Fast charging: Yes
Light and indicator
Brake and tail Light: LED integrated with TSL
Turn signal: Lamp LED
Low battery indicator, pass light, Stand indicator: Yes
Display Type: 7-inch fully digital TFT
Bluetooth, WiFi, Riding modes, GPS navigation, Geo-fencing, Cruise control, Mobile app connectivity: Yes
Instrument console, Speedometer, Tripmeter, Clock: Digital
Voice assistant, Artificial sound, Anti-theft system, USB charging port: No
Brakes, Wheels, Suspension
Brakes technology: Combined Braking System (CBS)
Front and rare brake type: Disc
Tyre of tube: Tubeless
Rear and front wheel size: 304.8 mm
Rear and front tyre size: 110/80-12
Front suspension: Telescopic forks
Rear suspension: Mono Shock
Body and Dimensions
Kerb weight: 110 KG
Under-seat storage: 30 litres
Seat type: Single
Front storage, Pillion backrest: No
Passenger footrest, Pillion backrest, Pillion seat, Pillion footrest: Yes
Simple One Electric Scooter Design
- Expected kerb weight of the Simple One scooter: 110 Kg
- Under-seat storage capacity: 30 litres
- Single seat type with passenger footrest
- Tubeless tyres for enhanced safety and convenience
- Rear mono shock forks and telescoping front forks for smoother rides
- Available in four colours: Brazen Black, Namma Red, Azure Blue, and Grace White
Simple One Electric Scooter Colours
Simple One Electric Scooter will be available in four varieties of descent colours: Brazen Black, Namma Red, Azure Blue, and Grace White.
Simple One Electric Scooter Expected Warranty
The company guarantees three years of warranty for the vehicle, battery and portable chargers.
Simple One Electric Scooter Expected Service and Maintenance
- Vehicle warranty for the Simple One electric scooter: 3 years
- Battery warranty and portable charger warranty: 3 years
- Customers can visit Simple Energy’s service centres and workshops for maintenance and checkups
- Damaged battery replacement is covered under warranty, with no cost to the customers
- After the warranty period, customers are responsible for payment if the battery needs repair or replacement
- Regular vehicle cleaning is advised to prevent damage from debris
- Customers should remember to switch off their vehicles when not in use to conserve battery life.
How to Book or Buy Simple One Electric Scooter?
You can easily buy the scooter either online or by visiting Simple Energy’s showroom, if available in your state. These are the following steps you need to keep in mind while purchasing a scooter online or in person:
- Do full research on the kind of variant you want to buy, look for any offers, choose a preferable colour, and visit a nearby showroom to talk to a dealer about your preference.
- Fill out the form in which you will be needed to provide your personal details such as name, phone number, and more.
- Pick the mode of your payment: Cash, Credit Card, Debit Card, UPI, etc.
Also Read: Best Electric Scooters in India in 2023