Imagine working on some important email or replying to the boss, and suddenly a message pops up promoting some telecom operator’s plan. You’ll feel annoyed, don’t you? These messages are called flash messages, and a user is bound to give look at them because they appear even if the screen is locked. The messages appear at any time even at late night or early morning, disturbing the sleep of the user. But, no worries, because here’s a quick way to disable the flash messages on your smartphone. It can be done on both Android and iOS devices. So, if you are a user of Airtel, Jio, BSNL, and Vodafone Idea. Then keep reading it till the end to find a special way related to your telecom operator.
What Are Flash Messages?
Flash messages/flash SMSs are immediately appearing messages on the mobile phone screen without the user having to take any action to read them. These messages appear on mobile, even if the screen is locked. It is annoying most of the time and we understand that.
How to Stop Flash Messages for Airtel
The fundamental step to stop flash messages for Airtel users on their smartphones would be using the SIM toolkit settings. This method works very well for both prepaid as well as postpaid users.
- Simply navigate to the App drawer of your smartphone
- Locate the Airtel Services app, and tap on it
- Select the Airtel Now option
- There, click on the Start/Stop
- Select the Stop option, and you’re done.
Now, you can move back to the home screen and start using your smartphone normally. You won’t see any flash messages after completing these steps.
How to Stop Flash Messages for Reliance Jio
The process of disabling flash messages for Reliance Jio is a bit different.
- Simply navigate to the My Jio app on your smartphone and uninstall it. Hopefully, this should stop the flash messages coming in on your smartphone.
Otherwise, you can even connect with the customer care executive of Jio to stop the flash messages. Numbers are easily available on the internet.
How to Stop Flash Messages for Vodafone Idea
This is similar to the Airtel one.
- Navigate to the App drawer of your smartphone
- Locate the Vodafone Services app, and tap on it
- You’ll see the Flash option. Tap on it
- If it is on Activation, then tap on Deactivate.
You can even stop the flash messages by sending an SMS to the operator.
Particularly for postpaid Vodafone Idea numbers:
- Send a message ‘CAN FLASH’ to 199
For Prepaid Vodafone Idea numbers:
- Send a message ‘CAN FLASH’ to 144
That’s it. Now you can start using your device normally as you won’t see any flash messages from the operator.
How to Stop Flash Messages for BSNL
- Navigate to the BSNL Mobile app and tap on it
- You’ll see BSNL Buzz Service, tap on it
- If you see it in Activation mode, tap on Deactivate to stop the flash messages.