Snapchat is all about lenses and their streak. As per Snapchat, there are nearly 2.5 million lenses created for the app by over 250k creators. That’s a lot of numbers and there are chances that you might not have seen even 1% of lenses inside the app. There are some of the best lenses and then some which you won’t like. One of the popular filters is the Butterfly lens. As goes with the name, it uses butterflies to give an enhanced effect to the pictures. With time, there have been many butterflies lens on Snapchat that has few tweaks. But to try it, you will have to unlock it first. Let’s see the ways how to unlock and use butterfly lenses on Snapchat.
What is Butterfly lens on Snapchat?
The butterfly lens is one of the most popular camera filters to use on Snapchat. Once the filter is opened, you will find lots of butterflies flying around your face. The exact name of the filter is Paper Butterfly by a username jp pirie. All the butterflies are animated, and they look good. Not just face, but you can also make butterflies fly around your whole body.
Next, let’s see how to unlock the butterfly lens on Snapchat.
How to Unlock Butterfly lens on Snapchat?
Get a Snapchat Lens Link
To get the butterfly lens via this method, you will need a friend on Snapchat who has a butterfly lens saved in their profile. Follow the steps shown below to unlock the Snapchat butterfly lens.
- Launch the Snapchat app on a mobile phone.
- Open the inbox of the friend who has already used the butterfly lens.
- Ask your friend to go to the butterfly lens and select the ‘Share’ option.
- The link will be copied to the clipboard, and ask them to send it to you again.
- Once received, just click on the link and the lens will automatically open in your Snapchat app.
Scan a Snapcode image
A Snap code is a QR code that varies lens by lens. To unlock the butterfly lens by scanning the Snap code, follow the steps shown below.
- Open the Snapchat mobile app.
- Open the app’s camera and scan the image uploaded above. The above image is a QR code, also known as Snap code.
- Just place it in the camera frame and click a picture. Snapchat will automatically scan the image and open the link.
Looks for Lenses on Snapchat Filter
Last, if both the above methods didn’t work for you, then you can simply do a search and find the butterflies lens on Snapchat.
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Open the app’s camera and on the top left, click on the Search icon.
- Now, type “Butterfly lens” in the search bar, and you’ll get loads of butterfly lens filters as results.
- Click on Explore lenses and use the butterfly lens which you like.
Unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat from your camera roll
This method is very similar to the Scanning a Snapcode Image method which we had seen above. All you have to do is just open the camera roll in the app and scan the snapcode of the lens. It will be added to your collection.
How to open a lens link?
To unlock a lens link, just tap on it and a prompt will be shown to you with an option to unlock it for a specific time period. Click on Unlock and you will be able to use that lens.
How many Butterflies Lenses are there on Snapchat?
There are currently unknown but many butterfly lenses on Snapchat as the photo-sharing app allows users to create their own filters. Due to this, many users have created several butterfly lenses.
Can I share the butterfly lens with friends?
Yes, you can share the butterfly lens by simply copying the link of the lens and sending it to your friends via chat box. For more details, you can follow the steps shown in Method number 1.
How do I remove the butterfly filter on Snapchat?
To remove the butterfly filter on Snapchat, open the butterfly lens on Snapchat and tap on the ‘i’ button on the top left of the screen. A pop up will appear with various menus. Just tap on the Remove lens option, then on remove and the lens will be removed from your app.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page