Riot has confirmed Pach 4.0 will bring a whole bunch of new content to Valorant, including the newest Agent in the game, Neon. Along with Neon, there will also be new weapons along with the usual balance changes.
Balancing changes and the new Agent aside, perhaps the biggest new addition to Valorant comes in the firm of new Competitive Tuning. Patch 4.0 will introduce a cap on the Account Level needed to play Competitive in Valorant. Several maps also receive new changes in order to adjust the attacker/defender dynamic.
Valorant Patch 4.0 Introduces Neonand Competitive Tuning
- Q – Relay Bolt
Instantly throw an energy bolt that bounces once. Upon hitting each surface, the bolt electrifies the ground below with a concussive blast.
- E – High Gear
INSTANTLY channel Neon’s power for increased speed. When charged, ALT FIRE to trigger an electric slide. Slide charge resets every two kills.
- C – Fast Lane
FIRE two energy lines forward on the ground that extend a short distance or until they hit a surface. The lines rise into walls of static electricity that block vision and damage enemies passing through them.
- X – Overdrive
Unleash Neon’s full power and speed for a short duration. FIRE to channel the power into a deadly lightning beam with high movement accuracy. The duration resets on each kill.
Valorant Weapon Updates
- Firing error occurs at earlier bullet stages
- For example, instead of errors occurring at bullets 4, 7, 10 (in terms of firing order), they will instead happen at bullets 3, 6, 8
- Increased pitch and yaw (vertical and horizontal) recoil multipliers when running/jumping/on ascender from 1.25 >>> 1.5
- Removed spin up
- Firing rate increased from 10 >>> 13
- Removed firing rate penalty on ADS (Aiming Down Sight)
- Added an extra bullet before it enters a recovery curve
- The double stack of cover at short A has been changed to remove a very powerful one-way smoke location that made the area a little too difficult for Attackers to approach.
- Sentinels will still be able to clog the space, but the new layout should open a few options for attackers pushing in.
For a full breakdown of all changes in Valorant Patch 4.0, head on over to the official patch notes page (linked here).