Valorant Patch 4.1 just went live this morning and fixes some of the issues from the last major update that introduced Episode 4 Act 1 in the game. Patch 4.1 is a much smaller update that seeks to fix some weapon balancing from the last update as well as introduce a new ‘Muted Words List’ in the settings.
Essentially, ‘Muted Words’ is a social update that will allow players to ‘mute’ certain words or phrases that they would rather not see appear in the game. Valorant devs have stated that the automated bad word detection system is often bypassed by players, and this will help make detection much smarter.
The majority of the update focuses on balancing certain weapons such as the Ares.
Valorant Patch 4.1 Introduces ‘Muted Words’ and General Bug Fixes
Social Updates – Valorant Muted Words List
- Muted Word List is a new section you will find in your settings where you can type in variations of words/phrases that you, personally, would not like to see appear in-game.
- For example: Let’s say “Riot” is a bad word (scary, I know). Our detection may catch the word “Riot” as one that should be blocked and penalized, but there’s a variety of different ways to spell Riot that we may not be catching: R!ot, R!0t, Ri0t, etc.
- Valorant dev’s goal by introducing this is to ensure that chats are less toxic by comparing them across regions, and using the data we collect to improve our own detections of bad words.
- Price increased from 1550 >>> 1600
- Pitch recoil increased
- Spread changed from .8 >>> .7 after 10 bullets to 1.0 >>> .7 after 13 bullets
- Crouch benefits spread and recoil reduced from 40% >>> 25%
The devs have explained the reason for the nerf is that Patch 4.0 made the weapon noticeablt stronger. While they were glad to see the weapon show up more in-game, its overall tuning made it too easy to control and the lack of spin up removed some of what made the weapon unique.
- Right click hitboxes are now 1.5x larger. Left click hitboxes are now larger than a right click and have a slightly longer range too.
- Targets closer to the center of your knife attacks will get hit first, so you still have precision if you need it.
- Bonus: Knifing walls now have instant feedback when slicing up walls (predicted on the client side)
- Fixed a bug where the Origin collection idle Animations weren’t playing for some levels and variants in Spectator mode
- Fixed an issue where observer player hotkeys would change after side-swap.
- Fixed an issue where performance charts that require NVIDIA Reflex were displayed and could not be hidden
- Thanks to TowerofShadow for the report
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page