Valorant Patch 4.08 introduces players to one of the game’s most terrifying Agents, Fade. An Initiator, Fade’s primary abilities focus on impeding enemy movement, tracking them, and hunting them with nightmarish efficiency.
The patch also includes an infamous nerf for Jett, an Agent that the Valorant community feels has become far too overpowered in recent months. Jett’s Tailwind ability now has a 12-second window where she’s able to dash on the next keypress.
Neon also receives a pretty major buff as her battery energy upon killing an enemy has been increased from 25% to 100%. Additionally, her slide cannot be cast during equip delay and her velocity restriction has been removed. Neon can now slide sideways and forward and her energy drain has been increased from 6.7/s to 10/s.
Valorant Patch Notes 4.08
- Upon pressing E, Jett consumes her Tailwind charge and after a .75 second delay, activates a 12-second window where she’s able to dash on next key press
- Jett’s Tailwind charge can still be regained with 2 kills
- To keep parity with the changes to Jett dash, the functionality for Dash during Knife rounds in Escalation will be adjusted.
- Battery energy received upon killing an enemy increased 25%>>>100%
- Slide cannot be cast during equip delay
- Velocity restriction removed
- Neon can now slide sideways and forward, and only requires that she is moving
- Energy drain increased 6.7/s>>>10/s
- Wall damage removed
- This change is intended to push Fast Lane into a more attractive option for Neon, or for an ally by preventing the disruptive portion of doing incidental damage and by adding a bit of safety moving forward.
- Duration reduced 10s >>> 7s
- Health reduced 125 >>> 100
- Dart Reveal
- Number of reveal pings reduced 3 >>> 2
- Initial delay before first ping reveals increased 1.2s >>> 1.6s*
- *Delay between the first and second ping remains 1.2s
- Quality of Life
- Changed crosshair color to green to better stand out against the white HUD
- Removed delay on [Target Hit] confirmation text
- [Target Hit] confirmation text now remains on the player HUD when transitioning out of Owl Drone.
- [Target Hit] confirmation text now remains on screen for 2s, previously 1s
- Adjusted audio on drone dart hits for both Sova, and the player hit, to make confirmations more noticeable
- Fixed a bug with Owl Drone, where the Dart Cooldown UI element would not properly update after tagging an opponent.
For a full breakdown of all changes in Patch 4.08 of Valorant, head on over to the official Riot breakdown site, linked here.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page