SMS is still relevant in the modern period of WhatsApp and Instagram. The former does not require any internet connection to work. All you should have is a valid recharge plan active. However, sometimes the SMS does not work and the text messages are not sent.
One of the reasons could be an incorrect or old SMSC or Message Center number. SMS Centre maintains the sending and receiving processes from one device to another. But this changes frequently, so if you are not able to send or receive any messages from your Vodafone Idea SIM, then here’s a list of updated Vi Message Centre number for all states and how to change it.
Vi Message Center Number for All States
To get the Vi SMS centre number for your state, check out the below list.
|States||Vi Message Center Number|
|Andhra Pradesh||+91 9885005444|
|Himachal Pradesh||+91 9736009911|
|Jammu & Kashmir||+91 9796009905|
|Madhya Pradesh||+91 9713099990|
|Uttar Pradesh (UP WEST)||+91 9719009998|
|Uttar Pradesh (UP EAST)||+91 9839099999|
|West Bengal||+91 9732099990|
How To Change Vi SMS Centre Number?
There are several ways through which one can change the VI SMS centre number. Here’s how:
Change Vi Message Centre Number From Message Settings
Vi SMS centre number can be changed from the messaging app itself, here’s how to do it.
- Open the messaging app on your phone.
- Tap on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen also called the Menu option.
- A drop-down menu will appear, choose Settings.
- Find the Advanced option and tap on it, now select SMSC. Tap on it to edit.
- Now, from the above list, copy the Vi SMS centre number for your state. Paste it and click on Save.
- Your Vi SMS centre number has changed and you can now send the SMS again.
Change Vi Message Center Number From USSD Code
If the above trick didn’t work and you are still struggling to change the Vi SMS Centre number, try the USSD code method by following the steps below.
- Open the Numeric pad on your phone in the call app.
- Dial *#*#4636#*#* on the dial pad.
- A pop-up will appear, tap on the phone information and scroll down to the bottom.
- Find the SMSC option and tap on the refresh button to view the current SMS centre number.
- Now, take the latest Vi SMS centre number from the above table for your state and click on Update.
Your Vi SMS centre number has changed and you can now use it to send SMS.
What is the procedure for resetting my Vodafone SMS Centre number?
As of now, you can only change the Vi SMS centre number or update it but cannot reset it.
How do I get Vi SMS settings?
To receive Vi SMS settings via SMS, type ALL and send a text message to 199 via your Vi SIM. You will receive an SMS with Vi APN settings, click OK and restart your phone.
Why outgoing SMS is not working in Vi?
The most basic reason for SMS not going on your Vi SIM could be the expiry of the recharge plan or you might have exhausted your 100 daily SMS. If you are still facing issues, then try changing the SMS centre number by following the above steps.
How do I find my VI Message Center Number?
One can open the phone application on your smartphone and type *#*#4636 #*#*. Now scroll down to SMSC and there you will find the message center number for your registered Vodafone Idea number.