- The Vivo V29 series is confirmed to sport an ultra-slim 3D curved display.
- The Vivo V29 series will offer Night Portrait with Smart Aura Light.
- The Vivo V29 series will have a back panel design featuring India’s first 3D Particle technology.
Vivo has been testing the arrival of the Vivo V29 smartphone series for quite some time. It has already shared a glimpse of various crucial features and specifications of the lineup. The fans were eagerly waiting for the launch date which has been speculated in previous reports. The good news is Vivo has finally officially confirmed the V29 series launch date.
Vivo V29 Series Launch Date Revealed
Vivo has shared a post on its official X account to confirm Vivo V29 series will launch on October 4. The post says, “The word is out! The #TheMasterpiece vivo V29 Series is launching on 04-10-2023 at 12 p.m.” It features a video clip showing posts from multiple fans asking for the launch date which has now been made public.
The Vivo V29 series will feature two models: Vivo V29 5G and Vivo V29 Pro 5G. These will join the already available Vivo V29e 5G that went official in India last month. The lineup will be sold online via Flipkart but it may also be available through Vivo’s online shop and other offline retailers.
As mentioned above, Vivo has already shared glimpses of what to expect from the Vivo V29 series. The company is primarily teasing the smartphone’s design and portrait photography. The V29 series is confirmed to sport an ultra-slim 3D curved display. It says this will not only deliver an immersive viewing experience but will also offer a more ergonomic grip.
The back panel will have a unique design featuring “India’s first 3D Particle technology”. The teaser says the phone’s back panel will have “majestic shimmering lights and shadows” which will be achieved through 3D magnetic particles. The phone will further have a slim, sleek, and lightweight profile. It is said to have a thickness of just 0.746 cm and a weight of 186 grams.
The Vivo V29 series will deliver Night Portrait with Smart Aura Light. As per teasers, users will have an option to turn on or off the Aura Light. They will also be able to adjust the intensity of the light. There will be a Sony IMX663 telephoto portrait sensor with 2x zoom. It will also have features like Smart Colour Temperature Adjustment and India-exclusive wedding style portrait.
Vivo V29 5G Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.78-inch Curved AMOLED display, 1.5K (2800 × 1260 pixel) resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut, and HDR10+
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G (fabricated on TSMC’s 6nm processor), Adreno 642L GPU
- Memory and Storage: 8GB LPDDR4X RAM and 256GB storage
- Software: Funtouch OS 13, based on Android 13
- Cameras: 50MP primary camera with OIS, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP camera, Aura light flash
- Front Camera: 50MP selfie camera sensor with dual LED flash
- Battery and Charging: 4600mAh, 80W fast charging, USB Type-C port
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner
- Audio: Stereo speaker setup, Hi-res audio
- Dimensions: 164.18 × 74.37 × 7.46mm
- Weight: 186 grams
- Others: IP68 dust and water resistance
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 5G, WiFi 6 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.2, and GPS
- Colour options: Peak Blue and Noble Black