Vivo, on July 16, 2020, announced the launch of three new products for the Indian market – the Vivo X50 series smartphones and the new Vivo TWS earphones. The two new X series handsets – the Vivo X50 and the X50 Pro – are the first X-series devices from Vivo to come to India in nearly two years. Let’s take a closer look at the key specifications, features, and highlights of these new products, shall we?
We start things off by talking about the two new smartphones. If you recall, the last X series handset to come to India was the Vivo X21 way back in May 2018. This handset was a mid-range device that was quite remarkable in that it was famous for being the first smartphone to feature an in-display fingerprint scanner. The new X50 series phones continue to remain mid-range devices and also come with an in-display fingerprint scanner, which isn’t really a stand-out feature anymore.
Both the handsets feature mid-range Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 series processors and have near-identical battery capacities (4200mAh on the X50 and 4315mAh on the X50 Pro). Both the handsets support 33W fast charging as well.
Vivo X50, Vivo X50 Pro Specifications: What are the differences?
Let’s address the most important question first. What are the key differences between the standard X50 and the X50 Pro? Here’s a ready reckoner.
- Vivo X50 Pro: 6.56 inch 3D curved Super AMOLED display, 1080*2376 pixels, HDR10+
- Vivo X50: 6.56-inch flat Super AMOLED display, 1080*2376 pixels, HDR10+
Processor and variants
- Vivo X50 Pro: Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G, 8GB+256GB
- Vivo X50: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730, 8GB+128GB, 8GB+256GB
- Vivo X50 Pro Rear Cameras: 48MP primary ‘Gimbal’ camera (f/1.6) +13MP portrait (f/2.46) + 8MP ultrawide (f/2.2) + 8MP telephoto (f/3.4)
- Vivo X50 Rear Cameras: 48MP primary (f/1.6) with OIS + 13MP portrait (f/2.46) + 8MP ultrawide (f/2.2) + 5MP Super Macro (f/2.48)
- Vivo X50 Pro Front Camera: 32MP f/2.45 – punch hole
- Vivo X50 Front Camera: 32MO f/2.45 – punch hole
That pretty much sums up the differences between these two handsets. As you might have observed, the Vivo X50 Pro does have a few aces up its sleeve to command a significant premium over the standard X50 variant. The highlight feature of the X50 Pro is the primary 48MP camera with enhanced stabilization features.
That brings us to the pricing of the devices.
Vivo X50, Vivo X50 Pro price in India
The pricing of the two variants of the Vivo X50 are as under
- Vivo X50 8GB+128GB: Rs 34,990
- Vivo X50 8GB+256GB: Rs 37,990
Users also get the option to buy these variants along with Vivo TWS earphones. The combo prices are as follows
- Vivo X50 8GB+128GB + Vivo TWS: Rs 39,990
- Vivo X50 8GB+256GB + Vivo TWS: Rs 44,990
Vivo X50 Pro
- Vivo X50 Pro 8GB+256GB: Rs 49,990
- Vivo X50 Pro 8GB+256GB + Vivo TWS: Rs 54,990
Both the handsets are currently available for preorder and will be on sale starting July 24. The devices come with launch offers for HDFC and ICICI cardholders that enables them to earn cashback worth Rs 4000. The devices also come with an assured buyback offer of up to 65 percent under the Vivo Reward and Upgrade application.
Vivo TWS Neo specifications, features
The third product to be announced along with the new X50 series smartphone is the Vivo TWS earbuds. This product comes in two color options (White/ Blue) and features an airpod-like design. The Vivo TWS Neo boasts of large 14.2mm dynamic drivers and also supports Bluetooth v5.2 support, aptX, and Vivo’s own DeepX Stereo Sound Effects. The product also supports Google Assistant and gets a “Find My TWS Neo” device locator feature.
The Vivo TWS Neo claims a battery life of 5.5 hours with AAC codec and 4.2 hours with aptX at 50 percent volume. Battery life can be enhanced using the supplied charging case as well. And lest we forget, the product also happens to be P54-rated for dust and water resistance. In India, the Vivo TWS Neo earbuds will be sold for Rs 5,990 starting July 24.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page