Vodafone Idea (Vi) has recently beaten Jio by offering the fastest mobile download speed during the last quarter of 2020. It seems that the telco is trying hard to compete with the rival brands, the company has recently announced new offers and also now it has announced that the Vi customers can recharge their numbers directly from WhatsApp without any difficulty. Let’s have a detailed look at the newly announced feature that Vodafone Idea is providing to its consumers.
According to the company, this new feature will allow users to recharge their Vi number directly from WhatApp without opening different applications. To make this happen Vi is utilizing its virtual agent VIC. Further, the company claims that consumers can subscribe to any prepaid pack with a few simple click-through WhatsApp. Notably, no other telecom operator in the industry offers this option to their subscriber base.
Do note that the feature is available for both prepaid and postpaid consumers and the telco claims that the Vi personalised payments service will work across all the payment gateways. Just to recall, back in 2020, Vi became the first telecom operator to launch a service chatbot called VIC for WhatsApp. VIC is an AI-powered virtual assistant which helps Vi users to get fast replies and now it will help users to make payments via WhatsApp in a few simple steps.
How to make Vodafone Idea bill payments on WhatsApp
First, you need to start a chat with the VIC on WhatsApp, for this, you can click on the link you receive via SMS to initiate a conversation with VIC on WhatsApp. You can also save the company’s number (9654297000 ) to start a manual chat.
- Send a text seeking how to recharge my number.
- You will receive a reply asking whether you want to recharge the same WhatsApp number or not.
- Reply 1 for yes and 2 for no.
- Now you need to select the plan which you want to recharge with.
- You can also change the plan by replying no if you don’t want to continue the previous plan.
- Once the plan is selected, you will receive a link for the gateway via an SMS.
- Make the payment and you’re good to go.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page