WhatsApp Messenger is one of the most popular applications not just for messaging but for voice calling and video calling. The platform is becoming a one-stop for all needs. Whether you want to send a message to your friends, call them or video chat with them, WhatsApp allows all these features. However, what it does not allow is to record voice calls or video calls. But you need to not worry as there are different workarounds and third-party apps for that. In this article, we are going to show the best possible ways to record WhatsApp voice and video calls on your Android and iOS devices. So, without wasting your time, let’s get started.
Also Read: Update WhatsApp New Version: How to Update WhatsApp to the Latest Version on Andriod, iPhone, Desktop and More
Table of Contents
How to Record WhatsApp Voice Calls on Android
Recording WhatsApp voice calls is fairly easy on Android. There is this application known as Call Recorder: Cube ACR, which allows you to record calls. However, it is important to note that the app does not support all phones. So, suggest you go to their support page first to find out if your phone is compatible with the app. You can click on this link to check out whether your phone supports this app or not. If your phone is in the list, you can follow these steps to record WhatsApp voice calls on your Android smartphone:
Also Read: WhatsApp Pay: How to Add Bank Account, Set UPI PIN, Send Money to Contacts, Find Offers and More
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for the Cube Call application.
- Download and install it on your Android smartphone.
- Open the Cube Call voice call recorder application and then switch to WhatsApp.
- There will be a Cube Call widget when you are taking on WhatsApp voice call.
- If not, open the Cube Call recorder settings and choose Force VoIP call as a voice call.
- Call again and see whether the widget shows up or not. If it still gives you an error, this means that your phone might not work with the application.
How to Record WhatsApp Voice Calls on iPhone
Recording a WhatsApp voice call on the iPhone is a tricky job. There is no particular application that allows you to record WhatsApp voice calls with ease. However, there is a workaround, which requires a Mac and an iPhone. Here’s how you can do it:
- Connect your iPhone to a Mac using the lightning cable. Select option ‘Trust this computer’ on your iPhone.
- Open QuickTime application on the Mac device. Go to the File option and choose the New Audio Recording option.
- Choose iPhone as an option and tap the record button in QuickTime.
- Now, from the iPhone make a WhatsApp call to your phone. Click the add user icon once you are connected.
- Now, call the person you want to record the audio and begin with your conversation. Once done, simply disconnect the call and stop the recording in QuickTime. Save the file on the Mac and your WhatsApp voice call will be recorded.
Also Read: WhatsApp Reactions: How to Use WhatsApp Reactions on Android, iOS, and WhatsApp Web
How to Record WhatsApp Video Calls on Android
Although there is no official feature to record WhatsApp video calls on your Android smartphone, there is always a workaround. If you want to record a WhatsApp video call, you can simply use the screen recorder application on your Android smartphone. Although there are a plethora of applications available on the Google Play Store that allows you to record WhatsApp video calls. One such app is the AZ screen recorder app. The application allows you to record WhatsApp video calls with audio. Here’s how you can record it:
- Go to the Google Play Store application and search for the AZ Screen Recorder application. Download and install the app on your smartphone.
- Open the application and the app will create a pop-up widget on your notification panel. It is important to note that you must toggle on ‘Enable audio recording’ before recording the call.
- Now open the WhatsApp application and make a call to the person you want to record the call.
Once the call starts, tap the record button present in the AZ Screen Recorder widget. Once you are done, simply stop the recording and your WhatsApp video call will be saved in the application.
Also Read: Delete WhatsApp Group: How to Delete WhatsApp Group on Phone, Web, and Desktop
How to Record WhatsApp Video Calls on iPhone
With iOS 11, Apple introduced the built-in screen recorder feature, which is quite helpful, to be honest. With this feature, you can also record WhatsApp video calls on your iPhone without much hassle. This also means that you don’t require any third-party apps to record WhatsApp video calls on the iPhone. Here’s how you can this feature:
- Go to Settings and open the Control Center. Tap ‘Customise Controls’ and simply add a Screen Recording option to the list of active controls.
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone and tap on the Screen recording option to start recording.
- Now, Go to the WhatsApp application and make a call to the person you want to record the call.
- Make sure that the microphone is enabled and call volume is set to the maximum in order to record the audio.
- Once the call is completed, simply stop the recording and save the file on your device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are WhatsApp Calls Safe?
Yes, WhatsApp calls are safe as they are protected with end-to-end encryption. This simply means that all the photos, videos, messages, documents, and calls are secured and can be only been checked by the sender and receiver.
Are WhatsApp calls automatically recorded?
No, WhatsApp does allow you to automatically record any video or voice calls and neither it comes with any such functions. In order to record the calls automatically, you need to use third-party applications.
How do I know if my WhatsApp call is being recorded?
There is no way to tell your WhatsApp call is being recorded by other user. The voice recorder applications does not give any warning on call that the call is recorded.