Microsoft Word is one of the most-used word processors around the world. We use this application for everything from typing an essay, articles, to file memos, presentations, and more. However, when it comes to sharing files or important documents, it is certainly not the best option. This is primarily because anyone who has the file can easily make some changes in the document. This is why people suggest that one should be sent a PDF file instead. PDF or Portable Document Format is a format that is used to present different types of documents or images in a readable or viewable manner. That said, it can become a tedious task to convert Word document to PDF using third-party software. So, to make things easier for you, we going to tell you the three different ways through which you can convert a Word file into a PDF file. Let’s begin.
Also Read: Facebook Video Download: How To Save Videos From Facebook On Android, iPhone And Laptops
How to convert Word document to PDF file using Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word is probably one of the easiest and most convenient ways to convert a Word document into a PDF file. The company allows you to save a document in a PDF file with ease. All you need to do is follow the steps:
- Open Microsoft Word app on your computer.
- Now open the document you want to convert to a PDF file and click the ‘File’ tab.
- There you will find Save As option. Click on it and you will be asked where to save the file (This PC, a particular folder, OneDrive, and more)
- Select the desired place where you want to save the file.
- Now click on the dropdown menu right below the ‘Enter file name here’ column and select ‘PDF (*.pdf)’ from the menu.
Once you select the PDF option, simply click on the Save button and your Word document will be converted into a PDF file. You can go to the location where you save the PDF file to view it.
Also Read: YouTube to MP3 Converter: 3 Best Apps and Softwares to Download Audio from YouTube on Your Phone or Laptop
How to convert Word document to PDF file using Google Docs
Google Docs also gives you an option to convert a Word document to a PDF file. All you need to follow these steps:
- The first thing you need to do is upload the Word document on your Google Drive. Go to drive.google.com and simply upload the document.
- Once the document is uploaded, you need to Right Click on it and then go to Open With Google Docs.
- The Google Docs file of the document will open in the next tab.
- Go to File and click on Download As. From the list, select PDF Document (.pdf) and your Word document will be downloaded as a PDF file on your computer or desktop.
Also Read: JPG to PDF: How to Convert JPG Image to PDF File Free Online Using Smartphone or Laptop
How to convert Word document to PDF file on Adobe website
You can also convert a Word document to a PDF file by simply going to the Adobe official website. In order to convert the file, follow these steps:
- Go to the Adobe website and click on the PDF & E-signature section.
- There you will see an option of Acrobat Online Tools. Click on it and it will take you new page that shows all the online tools available from Adobe.
- There you will find ‘Word to PDF’ under ‘Try These Acrobat Online Tools’. Click on it and you will be taken to the converting tool.
- You can simply upload the Word document and download it as a PDF file.