- Game Pass gets Persona 3 Portable, 5 Golden, and Monster Hunter: Rise.
- The games will be available from January 19.
- We Happy Few is one of the games leaving the platform.
Xbox finally revealed the Xbox Game Pass titles on the first of January, including Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden, and Monster Hunter: Rise. This is a pretty small lineup of games as compared to the lineups previous to this that typically contain at least 5-6 games.
However, this is only the first batch of games that will be available on the platform this month as there typically is another wave of games that comes later in the month.
Games added to Game Pass in January 2023:
- Persona 3 Portable (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 19
- Persona 4 Golden (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 19
- Monster Hunter Rise (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 20
- Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Available now
- Stranded Deep (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Available now
- Valheim: Mistlands Biome Update (PC) – Available now
Xbox Game Pass Gets Older Persona Games
As the platform gets new games, older games currently on the platform will be leaving soon. Games leaving Game Pass January 15:
- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Nobody Saves The World (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Pupperazzi (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- The Anacrusis (Game Preview) (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- We Happy Few (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Windjammers 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Persona coming to Xbox is a massive deal as the franchise has typically eluded the platform before. The franchise is known for its innovative gameplay mechanics and bold storytelling that isn’t afraid to dive deep into complex subject matters.
The latest game in the series, Persona 5 Royal is currently available on the platform for Xbox One, Series X/S, and Windows. Each game in the series is a standalone entry, which means it isn’t required that the player finish each of the games preceding every entry in order to understand the story.
Persona 5 Royal is one of the best games currently available and all of the older games have aged reasonably well. Each game presents players with an exceptionally well-told story that takes place over the school year and introduces interesting mechanics that really lets the player take control of the protagonist’s life. The games are also singular in the way that they handle combat as even though it is turn-based, it never feels too slow or methodical.
Game Pass is one of the most exciting subscription services in gaming right now and it is only about to get even better in 2023. There are a ton of great games coming out over the course of the next few months, including the highly anticipated Besthesda sci-fi RPG, Starfield. 2023 is all set to be Xbox’s big year and perhaps the best time to get a Game Pass subscription.