- Xiaomi has started seeding stable beta MIUI 14 based on the Android 14 update for its flagship devices.
- The updates are live for the beta testers of global units.
- Xiaomi is expected to push the stable updates to the public soon after the debut of Android 14.Â
Xiaomi has started rolling out the MIUI 14 based on Android stable beta update for the Xiaomi 13, Xiaomi 13 Pro and Xiaomi 12T smartphones. Google is yet to announce the stable version of Android 14. The search engine giant was previously tipped to announce Android 14 on September 6, which ended by delay for unknown reasons.
Google has confirmed the launch of Pixel 8 series smartphones on October 4 in the global and Indian markets. The latest tip suggests that the California-based search engine giant will announce Android 14 along with the Pixel 8 series smartphones. As mentioned earlier, Xiaomi is pushing the stable beta update to the beta testers of the flagship smartphones.
MIUI 14 based on Android 14 Stable Beta Update
The stable beta update is usually the final update, which eventually rolls out as a stable update for regular users. Google has started rolling out the September 2023 update to Pixel smartphones, which only brings the September 2023 security patch. Xiaomi seems to be in a hurry to push the Android 14 update to its smartphone ahead of Google’s official release.
Xiaomi 13 and Xiaomi 13 Pro smartphones receive the MIUI 14 based on Android 14 stable beta update with the firmware version V14.2.0UMCMIXM and V22.214.171.124UMBMIXM. The update carries the firmware version V126.96.36.199UMQMIXM for the previous generation Xiaomi 12T smartphone.
The MIUI 14, based on the Android 14 stable beta update, weighs around 5.4GB, indicating that this is the final update for global Android 14 testers. Xiaomi previously rolled out the stable beta Android 14 for the beta testers of Xiaomi 13 and 13 Pro smartphones in China.
The beta users of the global Xiaomi 13, 13 Pro and 12T users can update to the latest stable beta update through the updater app. The beta users can also manually download and install the update.
However, the changelog of the MIUI 14 stable beta based on the Android 14 update isn’t available. So, we don’t have access to the exact features of the latest update. Other users not part of the beta programme won’t be able to download and install the update manually.
Xiaomi 13 / 13 Pro Specifications
- Display: 6.36-inch AMOLED display, FHD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate (13), 6.73-inch AMOLED display (13 Pro), WQHD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, DCI-P3, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM and Storage: Up to 12GB LPDDR5X RAM, 256GB UFS 4.0 internal storage (13), Up to 512GB UFS 4.0 internal storage (13 Pro)
- Software: MIUI 14 based on Android 13
- Rear Cameras: 50MP primary camera, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 12MP ultra-wide lens, f/2.2 aperture, 10MP telephoto lens, OIS, f/2.0 aperture (13), 50MP 1” Sony IMX 989 primary sensor, OIS, f/1.9 aperture, 50MP telephoto lens, OIS, f/2.0 aperture, 3.2x optical zoom, 50MP ultra-wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture, 115° FOV (13 Pro)
- Front camera: 32MP sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens
- Battery: 4,500mAh battery, 67W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging, 10W reverse charging (13), 4820mAh battery, 120W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging (13 Pro)
- Other Features: IP68 rating, in-display fingerprint sensor, NFC, LiquidCool Technology, X-axis linear vibration motor, Dolby Atmos