- Xiaomi is working on the upcoming Xiaomi MIX Flip clamshell smartphone.
- The upcoming clamshell smartphone will be priced below its foldable device.
- Xiaomi is tipped to launch the device in 2024 along with MIX Fold 4.
Xiaomi recently concluded a product launch event in China where it unveiled a bunch of products. The company unveiled Xiaomi MIX Fold 3, Redmi K60 Ultra, Xiaomi Pad 6 Max and more. The company confirmed that the Xiaomi MIX FOLD 3 won’t be launched in the global markets. Popular tipster Digital Chat Station hinted that Xiaomi is working on the Xiaomi MIX Flip smartphone.
The tipster stated that Xiaomi is working on a new series of smartphones with the codename N17. The tipster has spotted the upcoming MIX Flip smartphone in the IMEI listing along with the OPPO Find N2 smartphone. The IMEI listing of the smartphone confirms the moniker of the upcoming device. The listing also reveals that the forthcoming device will have the codename 2311BPN23C.
The IMEI listing of the smartphone doesn’t reveal any other specifications of the upcoming MIX Flip smartphone. Xiaomi is slated to take on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5, Motorola Razr 40 and other clamshell smartphones. Digital Chat Station hinted that Xiaomi might launch the Xiaomi MIX Flip and the Xiaomi MIX Fold 4 smartphone in 2024.
The tipster has confirmed that the device will be equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon series chipsets. GSMChina shared a schematic render of the upcoming clamshell smartphone. The report claims that Xiaomi will equip the smartphone with a triple rear camera. Xiaomi is also tipped to equip the device with a telephoto sensor with 3x optical zoom.
We don’t have any other information about the upcoming Xiaomi Flip smartphone. Xiaomi previously dropped the plan of launching a flip smartphone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ SoC. However, Xiaomi is unlikely to drop the plan of launching a flip smartphone in 2024.
The rumours on the web suggest that the upcoming clamshell smartphone from Xiaomi will match the specifications of its elder MIX Fold 3 sibling. Xiaomi might launch its maiden clamshell smartphone with the tagline ultra-thin and portable. Let’s glance at the features and specifications of the newly launched Xiaomi MIX Fold 3 smartphone.
Xiaomi MIX Fold 3 Specifications
- Display: 8.03-inch foldable AMOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, 2K resolution, a peak brightness of 2600 nits, 6.56-inch cover AMOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, FHD+ resolution
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Leading Version, Adreno 740 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 12GB / 16GB of LPDRR5X RAM, 256GB / 512GB / 1TB UFS 4.0 internal storage
- Software: MIUI 14 based on Android 13
- Rear Camera: 50MP Sony IMX 800 primary camera with OIS, f/1.77 aperture, 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 10MP telephoto lens with OIS, f/2.0 aperture, 3.2X optical zoom, 10MP periscope lens with OIS, f/2.92 aperture, 5x optical zoom
- Front Camera: 20MP Sony IMX 596 sensor
- Battery: 4800mAh, 67W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging
- Other Features: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C port, NFC