Iphone 6-The Best of Apple 5/5
Iphone 6 is the best of Apple and the best of all smartphones considering its price tag, brand, and other features.
Let us analyse its pros and cons one by one through this review-
1) Design and Display- It comes with a smooth metal surface that seamlessly beats all its previous designs as it is better in every way. A redefined new Aluminium body with better positioning of buttons and a slimmer 7.1 mm body clubbed with lightness is the killer combo. It weighs only 129 gms and sports a new Retina HD display which is bigger and perfect- 4.7 inch display with 750 x 1334 pixels resulting in a 326 ppi pixel density. It has a shatterproof glass and oleophobic coating which protects it from accidental drops and damages. The LED Backlit IPS LCD display with enhanced Touch ID(Fingerprint Sensor) and the latest feature Display Zoom just seems perfect for a phone like this. It supports a nano sim with better speakers and sound as expected. So, overall its a pro.
2) Performance- The latest and the greatest Apple A8 chip combined with a powerful Dual-core 1.4 GHz Cyclone (ARM v8-based) with PowerVR GX6450 (quad-core graphics) clubbed with 1GB RAM for an Apple Device is top class. It is far better than a Snapdragon 801 quad core, Adreno 330 and 2GB RAM when compared with respect to benchmark scores. It is a performance beast and does not stutter or lag even once. It works blazing fast and smooth like butter with great software, animations and improved features. Hence, I rate it 5/5.
3) Software- It comes in built with iOS 8 which is obviously upgradable to iOS 8.1.3 and the future updates. It is almost similar to iOS 8 but has an improved action centre, Swype Keyboard, Optimized Siri, Apple pay and such other great features. The ringtones and notification tones are much better. The apps are well optimized to run the latest software. Hence, its surely a plus.
4) Camera- The new Iphone 6 has the 8MP primary camera, with dual LED flash and other camera features. It has a poor 1.2 MP secondary camera which is still good but not the best. However, the primary camera is certainly pretty good. It captures crisp and clear images with Full HD recording feature. Hence, I rate it 4.8/5.
5) Storage- It comes with inbuilt 16GB/32GB/64GB storage which is non expandable. Nowadays, if you go for a 16GB Model, you cannot just store everything as today, music, photos, apps are downloaded in bulk and need more space. Hence, the non expandable part is still a bad thing. Therefore, I give 3.5/5 stars.
6) Battery- This is the point where Apple has always lost some of it customers. It has a meagre Non-Removable 1810 maH battery which would max last a day. So, lazy people have to run for their chargers frequently and its a nightmare for travellers. However, it has a reversible connector which is a good feature. Hence, it is a must con.
1) Bigger and Better Display
2) Unique, Slim, Thin and improved design
3) A performance beast with hell lot of features
4) A well optimised software with great animations and apps
5) A mind blowing camera
1) A very very poor battery backup of 1810 maH
2) Non expandable storage-No support of micro SD card
3) A hefty price
Overall, I rate this phone 4.7/5 considering all its factors. It can be purchased for 42-45k online, however, if you have such a budget, then this phone will suit you well, but for middle class, its not a winner!
Did you find this review helpful? Yes | No