- Nothing OS 2.5 brings with it an updated design of back gesture which is more in line with Nothing’s style.
- The brand is also introducing a new glass filter which makes wallpapers extra unique.
- It also adds aÂ monochrome colour theme in the basic colour section.
Last week, Google announced the Android 14 Stable update rollout for the Pixel lineup of smartphones. Following its footsteps, other smartphone OEMs have also announced Android 14-based custom UIs for their smartphonse. In the latest development, Nothing has unveiled the latest iteration of its smartphone user interface – Nothing OS 2.5, based on Android 14.
Nothing says that Nothing OS 2.5 is the company’s most significant update since the introduction of the Nothing OS 2.0. To those unaware, the Nothing OS 2.0 was unveiled alongside the Nothing Phone (2) back in July this year. Nothing took it to Nothing Community and official social media channels to make a formal announcement for the same.
With the Nothing OS 2.5, Nothing has not just incorporated Android 14 features, but it is also introducing a few new features to make the user experience better. Take a look at the details shared by Nothing,
Nothing OS 2.5: What’s New
Android 14 brings with it a new Monochrome colour theme in colour section. Google has also introduced a new volume control interface and users can now set different volume levels for ringtone and notification sound. Android 14 also brings with it a new back gesture while interacting with apps.
Nothing is introducing a new updated Quick Settings layout and has added a new Nothing earbuds icons. Carl Pei-led brand has also updated the widgets library interface so the widgets appear more clearly. Nothing OS 2.5 also brings with it a new screenshot editor and menu which provides users with advance editing features. The company has also introduced a three-finger swipe for capturing screenshots.
- Added a monochrome colour theme in the basic colour section.
- New back gesture while interacting with apps
- Updated Quick Settings layout and added Nothing earbuds icons.
- More Lock Screen shortcut options including do not disturb, mute, QR code scanner and video camera.
- Made it possible to set ringtone and notification sound volumes separately, with an updated volume control interface.
- Added regional settings so you can customise your unit and number preferences
- Updated the widgets library interface so Nothing widgets appear more clearly.
- New photos widget, allowing you to display your favourite photos on both your Home Screen and Lock Screen.
- New screenshot editor and menu, allowing for more advanced editing features and quick deletions.
- Updated design of back gesture to be more in line with Nothing’s style.
- Added the option to hide app icons on the Home Screen and app drawer. Swipe right in the app drawer to reveal hidden app icons.
- Capture screenshots quickly with a three-finger swipe.
- Customise the double-press power button to quickly access a chosen feature.
- Redesigned a joint Home Screen and Lock Screen customisation page for a more comprehensive view of options.
- Introduced the glass filter to make your favourite wallpapers extra unique.
- New solid colour wallpapers for a cleaner Home Screen appearance.
Nothing OS 2.5 Open Beta 1 For Nothing Phone (2): How to Update
Nothing OS 2.5, based on Android 14, Open Beta 1 is available only for Nothing Phone (2) users. Here’s how you can update your Nothing Phone (2) to Nothing OS 2.5, to become eligible for upgrading to Nothing OS 2.5.
- The device must be updated to Nothing OS 2.0.3
- Click on this link to download the official apk and install it on your device.
- Head over to Settings > System > Update to Beta version and then tap on Check for new version.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update to Nothing OS 2.5