- The Nothing Phone (2) is launching on July 11.
- The device is confirmed to feature a 6.7-inch display and a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC.
- The smartphone is expected to pack 12GB of RAM and 128GB/256GB of internal storage.
Nothing is gearing up for the launch of the Nothing Phone (2) smartphone. The company already had confirmed the launch date of the device as July 11. Additionally, ahead of the official launch, the company has been confirming key details of the upcoming Nothing Phone (2) smartphone via its Twitter handle. A couple of days back, the brand confirmed the battery capacity and display size details of the Nothing Phone (2). Also, ahead of the official launch, the Nothing Phone (2) has been receiving a few certifications lately. The device was spotted at BIS certification back in March. In a recent development now, the Nothing Phone (2) has received the NBTC certification.
Nothing Phone (2) Receives NBTC Certification
As per the NBTC certification listing, the device carries the model number as A065. This is the same model number which we at MySmartPrice exclusively revealed back in February. Apart from the model number, the NBTC certification also confirms the moniker as Phone (2). As far as the specifications of the handset go, it is confirmed to feature a 6.7-inch display. We can expect the smartphone to make use of an AMOLED panel which could offer a 120Hz refresh rate.
Under the hood, the device is confirmed to feature a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC. As per the Geekbench test result, the device will ship with 12GB of RAM. We can expect the Nothing Phone (2) to come in 128GB/256GB storage configuration. As for the software, the handset is expected to boot Android 13 out of the box. The smartphone is expected to pack a 4,700mAh battery which likely will support fast charging.
Currently, the other key specifications of the Nothing Phone (2) such as rear camera configuration, front camera details, as well as storage and RAM configuration are yet to be revealed. In a piece of related news, the renders of the Nothing Phone (2) were leaked earlier this month. The leaked renders revealed that the Nothing Phone (2) will have a minor design change compared to the Phone (1). The renders also confirmed that the Phone (2) will have a slight alteration in the alignment of the glyph interface. However, soon after these renders were leaked, Nothing CEO Carl Pei took to Twitter and responded with the single word “Fake”, thereby refuting the authenticity of the leaked renders.
Nothing Phone (2) Expected Specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch AMOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, Full HD+ resolution, punch-hole cutout.
- Processor: Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC with Adreno 730 GPU.
- RAM And storage: 8GB/12GB RAM, 128GB/256GB of internal storage.
- Software: Android 13-based Nothing OS 2.0.
- Rear camera: 50MP main camera, 50MP ultra-wide lens.
- Front camera: 32MP.
- Other specifications: In-display fingerprint scanner, dual speakers.
- Battery: 4700mAh, 33W fast charging support.