- The Samsung Galaxy A15 5G is tipped to offer a 90Hz refresh rate display.
- The smartphone might come equipped with a 5000mAh battery unit.
- It is said to offer a triple-rear camera setup including a 50MP primary shooter.
Update: The team at MySmartPrice has also spotted the Indian/Asian version of the forthcoming Galaxy A15 5G on the Geekbench database with the SM-A156E model number. The listed device scored 699 in single core and 1877 in multicore tests.
Earlier Story Follows….
Samsung is expected to launch the Samsung Galaxy A15 5G in the coming months. The upcoming Galaxy A15 5G will arrive as a successor to the Galaxy A14 5G which was unveiled back in May this year. The Samsung Galaxy A14 5G is powered by Exynos 1330 SoC. However, in some regions, Samsung offers Dimensity 700 SoC powered variant of the handset.
Now, folks at GalaxyClub have spotted the upcoming Samsung Galaxy A15 5G on the Geekbench benchmark database. The Samsung Galaxy A15 5G Geekbench listing reveals some of the key specifications. Let us take a closer look at the details.
The Samsung Galaxy A15 5G with the model number SM-A156B made an appearance on the Geekbench 6 benchmark database. The upcoming A-series handset managed to score 664 points in the single core round of the Geekbench 6 benchmark test. Whereas, in the multi-core round of the benchmark test, it grabbed 1717 points.
The Samsung Galaxy A15 5G Geekbench listing reveals the presence of an octa-core processor with 2 + 6 core configuration. The two performance cores, on the upcoming A-series smartphone, will be clocked at 2.20GHz. Whereas, the remaining six cores will serve as efficiency cores and will support 2.0GHz peak frequency. Based on this, it appears that the Samsung Galaxy A15 5G will be powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 6100 Plus SoC.
To those unaware, the MediaTek Dimensity 6100 Plus was announced in July and is fabricated on TSMC’s 6nm process. The Dimensity 6100 Plus brings with it an integrated Mali G57 GPU. The benchmark listing further reveals that the Samsung Galaxy A15 5G will be equipped with 4GB of RAM. Though, we can expect Samsung to launch the handset in other memory configurations as well.
The Samsung Galaxy A15 5G Geekbench listing also suggests that the handset will come pre-loaded with the latest version of Android, that is Android 14. Earlier, key specifications of the Samsung Galaxy A15 5G were leaked on the web. Let us take a quick recap of what Samsung might have in store for us with the upcoming A-series handset.
Samsung Galaxy A15 5G: Specifications
- Display: 6.5-inch display, Full HD+ resolution, and 90Hz refresh rate
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ (fabbed on 6nm processor) with Mali G57 GPU
- Memory: 4GB/ 6GB of RAM
- Storage: Up to 128 GB internal storage with microSD support (expandable to 1 TB)
- Software: OneUI, based on Android 14
- Front Camera: 13MP front camera
- Cameras: 50MP primary rear camera, 5MP sensor, a 2MP shooter, and an LED flash
- Battery: 5000mAh battery
- Charging: 25W fast charging support
- Security: Side Fingerprint sensor
- Colour Options: Black and Blue