- The Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra has cleared the BIS certification.
- The device could soon launch in India, alongside its global unveiling.
- The Galaxy S24 Ultra is expected to exclusively feature the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy chipset, unlike its predecessors which featured Exynos variants as well.
The Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra is one of the highly anticipated global flagships amongst Android enthusiasts. The device is expected to feature a titanium frame as found on the iPhone 15 Pro and is anticipated to introduce several camera upgrades over its predecessor.
The Galaxy S24 Ultra was earlier spotted on Geekbench with Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy chipset. The device has now cleared the BIS certification hinting that the Galaxy S24 Ultra will launch in India soon.
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Gets BIS Certified
The Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra has cleared the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) certifications with the model number SM-S928B/DS. This means that Samsung is gearing up to launch the device in India (unsurprisingly), alongside the global debut.
The Galaxy S24 Ultra is expected to feature the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy chipset, which is an overclocked variant of the regular Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC. The device had earlier visited the Geekbench platform and scored on par with other Android flagships featuring Qualcomm’s latest flagship chip.
As per previous reports, Samsung is expected to offer the Galaxy S24 Ultra exclusively with Snapdragon 8 Gen 3, without any Exynos variant. The company will however continue to offer Exynos 2400 on the Galaxy S24 and the Galaxy S24+.
Rumours suggest that Samsung is preparing to launch the Galaxy S24 Ultra with a titanium frame. If it is true, then the Samsung flagship could become the first widely available Android device with titanium, as the Xiaomi 14 Pro Titanium Edition is still exclusive to China.
Other than the build material, the overall design of the Galaxy S24 Ultra is expected to be similar to its predecessor. Samsung may continue using the quad rear camera setup with slight upgrades while retaining all the bells and whistles of the Galaxy S23 Ultra.
Leaked renders of the Galaxy S24 base model and the Galaxy S24 Ultra also suggest that Samsung is not looking for a major design overhaul with its upcoming flagship. It is an interesting time for the smartphone market as Apple, which is known to recycle designs extensively has given a new look to the iPhone 15, while Samsung is building over the legacy of its two-year-old flagship.
Samsung Galaxy S24 Series Expected Launch Date in India
The Samsung Galaxy S24 will reportedly be announced on January 17, 2024, as reported by Korean publication The Elec. However, Samsung has not yet officially divulged the launch date of the Galaxy S24 Series.
As per Samsung’s previous launch timelines, the Galaxy S24 Series is expected to launch in India simultaneously with its global unveiling.
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Specifications (Expected)
- Display: 6.7-inch OLED screen, 144Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 Made for Galaxy
- RAM and Storage: 8GB/12GB/16GB RAM, 256GB/512GB/1TB storage
- Software: OneUI 6 based on Android 14
- Rear cameras: 200 MP primary, 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 50MP periscope lens with 5x optical zoom, 10MP telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom
- Front camera: 12MP sensor
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 45W wired charging, 15W wireless charging
- Others: IP68 rating, titanium frame, in-display fingerprint scanner