- JioMotive OBD DIY Plug n Play device is now available for purchase on Amazon and Reliance Digital.
- The device was under closed beta testing for a while.
- Some key features include a GPS tracker, theft alert, Wi-Fi hotspot, and more.
Jio has officially launched its JioMotive device in India. This is the company’s new affordable accessory for cars. The official name of the product is JioMotive (2023) and it connects to the car’s OBD port and acts as a Plug-n-Play device. With this handy device installed, car owners will get a plethora of features like a 4G GPS tracker, real-time location tracking, geo and time fencing, vehicle health, anti-tow & theft alert, accident detection, and Wi-Fi hotspot.
This product is priced under Rs 5,000 in India and is already available for purchase on e-commerce sites. Let’s take a look at the new JioMotive (2023) device in detail.
JioMotive (2023): Price in India and Availability
The JioMotive (2023) is priced at Rs 4,999 in India and can be purchased via Amazon and Reliance Digital e-commerce sites. The device will also be available on Jio.com and other outlets for interested buyers. Jio is offering a free subscription for the first year and later on, the subscription will cost Rs 599 per year.
JioMotive (2023): Features
- Plug-n-Play Device: The JioMotive is a simple Plug-n-Play device, which can be connected to any car’s OBD-II port. This port is usually available on all cars under the steering wheel. Once purchased, you don’t need any technicians to get it installed, this is a DIY device.
- Realtime Vehicle Tracking: The car’s whereabouts will be traceable 24×7 with the help of the JioThings app.
- Geo-Fencing and Time Fencing: Users will be able to create Geofences of any shape and get instant alerts on entry or exit.
- Locked to Jio: The JioMotive device works with Jio SIM Only and you don’t need to get an additional SIM. Your primary Jio smartphone plan will get extended to your JioMotive as well.
- Monitor Vehicle Health: The car’s health with 100s of DTC alerts will be updated on the app.
- Driving Behaviour Analysis– Once installed, the driver’s riding behaviour will be analysed and displayed on the app.
- Other Features: In-car Wi-Fi, towing, tampering and accident alerts, speed tracking, 10-second latency.
- Subscription: Free for 1st year, Rs 599 post thereafter.