- Motorola is tipped to launch the Edge 40 Neo smartphone soon.
- The company won’t launch the device in the Indian market.Â
- The upcoming device is listed with MediaTek Dimensity 1050 SoC in the GeekBench listing.
Motorola Edge 40 Neo smartphone will be the latest addition to the Edge 40 series. Recently, the upcoming device was accidentally listed in Amazon Italy, revealing the pricing and specifications of the device. The listing also hinted that Motorola might launch the smartphone on September 15 in global markets.
Recently, we reported that the Motorola Edge 40 Neo received TDRA certification.
The TDRA certification reveals the model number and moniker of the upcoming smartphones.
Tipster Abhishek Yadav, who shared the Amazon listing, said that Motorola won’t launch the smartphone in India. The upcoming Edge 40 Neo smartphone is expected to be the cheapest in the Edge 40 series. 91Mobiles has spotted the forthcoming smartphone in the GeekBench listing ahead of the developments. The GeekBench listing reveals the device’s moniker instead of the model number.
The listing tells us that an octa-core ARM v8 chipset with a clock speed of 2.50GHz powers the smartphone. The smartphone has scored 3,559 points in single-core and 8,508 points in multi-core tests. The chipset pairs with Mali-G610 MC3 GPU and 8GB RAM and runs on Android 13 out of the box. 91Mobiles report adds that the chipset details revealed in the GeekBench listing suggest that the device will feature MediaTek Dimensity 1050 SoC.
The upcoming Edge 40 Neo smartphone will have the codename manaus. Amazon Italy listing previously revealed that Motorola will equip the smartphone with the Dimensity 1050 SoC. The octa-core chipset is built on a 6nm process and was the first chipset from MediaTek to sport mmWave 5G and sub-6GHz. The chipset has two ARM Cortex A78 cores clocked at 2.5GHz, six ARM Cortex A55 cores, Mali-G610 MC3 GPU, and MediaTek HyperEngine 5.0.
Motorola Edge 40 Neo Specifications (rumoured)
- Display: 6.55-inch 8-bit pOLED display, Full HD+ (2400 × 1080 pixel) resolution, 144Hz refresh rate
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 1050 SoC, Mali G77 GPU
- RAM and Storage: Up to 12GB LPDDR4X RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Software: My UX is based on Android 13
- Rear Camera: 50MP OIS primary lens, 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens
- Front Camera: 32MP selfie camera
- Battery: 5000mAh battery, 68W TurboPower fast charging
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (Nano + eSIM), 5G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou
- Others: IP68 Water and dust resistant, ThinkShield Security, In-Display Fingerprint, Stereo Speaker with Dolby Atmos, USB 2.0 Type-C port
The GeekBench listing of the smartphone doesn’t reveal any other specifications of the upcoming device. The previous report revealed that Motorola will price the smartphone at €399 (approx. Rs 35,800) for the top-end variant with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage. Let’s glance at the known specifications of the device revealed through the Amazon Italy listing.
In other news, we at MySmartPrice spotted the Moto G84 5G smartphone in the FCC listing, which also confirmed the battery specifications of the device. Motorola now has announced that the company will launch the Moto G84 5G smartphone in India on September 1. The company has revealed the smartphone’s key specifications through the Flipkart listing.