- Pete Lau has confirmed that the OnePlus Open and OPPO Find N3 are the same phones.
- According to Lau, OnePlus and OPPO will launch their new foldables simultaneously.
- The Founder of OnePlus and Chief Product Officer of OPPO also confirmed that these devices will have a 37% smaller hinge than OPPO Find N2.
OnePlus Open and OPPO Find N3 are the same devices as confirmed by the Founder of OnePlus and Chief Product Officer of OPPO, Pete Lau. The top executive sat with Lewis Hilsenteger of the YouTube Channel Unbox Therapy to give a glimpse of the OnePlus Open. In the video, Lau shared details about the design, vision, and other details behind the OnePlus Open. Now, the company has sent out a press release detailing several key aspects of the upcoming OnePlus Open device. Let’s take a look at what we know.
Pete Lau Confirms That the OnePlus Open and OPPO Find N3 Are the Same
The OnePlus Open has been doing the rounds of the rumour mill for a while now. We have already seen the renders of the OnePlus Open, which matches the device shown in the video above. Max Jambor has also confirmed that the forthcoming smartphone will debut globally on October 19. Now, Lau has confirmed that the OnePlus Open and OPPO Find N3 will launch simultaneously in different markets to maintain the synergy and vision between the two brands.
According to Lau, the goal of both brands is to create the best folding phones. The Open is OnePlus’ debut foldable, whereas OPPO has already launched two generations of book-style foldables. While OnePlus is known for offering fast and smooth performance, and OPPO has a strong experience in foldable design and camera technologies. With the upcoming OnePlus Open and OPPO Find N3, these companies are planning to offer the best of both worlds to their customers.
Unfortunately, Lau didn’t reveal much about these devices except for emphasising the improved hinge design and comeback of the iconic OnePlus Alert Slider on the foldable smartphone. Lau revealed that OnePlus has developed 35 hinge-based patents to offer an exemplary foldable experience. The top executive stated that the hinge on upcoming foldable smartphones is 37% smaller than the OPPO Find N2’s hinge. Additionally, the new hinge has 31 fewer components, which makes the OnePlus Open lighter yet stronger.
OnePlus Open Specifications (Leaked)
Lau emphasised that the OnePlus Open will go beyond the large screen experience to offer a slim lightweight design, powerful cameras, impressive performance, and seamless user experience to be a true flagship foldable phone. While he didn’t reveal any details, we already know key specifications thanks to numerous leaks.
- Display: 7.8-inch foldable AMOLED display, 2K resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 8.4:9 aspect ratio.
- Cover display: 6.3-inch AMOLED, 120Hz, 18:9 aspect ratio.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, Adreno 740.
- RAM and storage: up to 16GB of RAM, 256GB storage.
- Cameras: 48MP primary sensor, a 48MP ultra-wide camera, a 64MP telephoto lens, 3x zoom, Hasselblad tuning.
- Front camera: 20MP (foldable), 32MP (cover).
- Battery: 4,800mAh, 67W fast charging.
- Software: Android 13-based OxygenOS 13.1.