- The POCO X6 Neo will be a rebranded Redmi Note 13R Pro from China.
- Xiaomi is expected to launch the Redmi Note 13R Pro sometime next week in China.
- The Redmi Note 13R Pro will be very similar to the Note 13 5G, in terms of specifications.
Xiaomi, a couple of months back, introduced the Redmi Note 13 5G series in the Chinese market. The Note 13 series include three handsets – Note 13 5G, Note 13 Pro 5G, and Note 13 Pro+ 5G. The Chinese tech giant is expected to launch yet another Note 13 series handset – the Redmi Note 13R Pro soon in China.
Ahead of Redmi Note 13R Pro China debut, reliable Xiaomi tipster Kacper Skrzypek has claimed that the upcoming Note 13 series smartphone will debut as the POCO X6 Neo in the Indian market. Kacper took it to X (formerly Twitter) to share a screenshot which reveals some key details about the POCO X6 Neo.
Moreover, the smartphone has also appeared on the BIS website. The listing on the BIS certification website doesn’t reveal any device specifications. But it indeed confirms the moniker of POCO’s upcoming offering. Let us take a closer look at the details.
— Kacper Skrzypek 🇵🇱 (@kacskrz) November 17, 2023
Kacper shared a screenshot on X which reveals the moniker of the upcoming POCO device, that is POCO X6 Neo. The POCO X6 Neo will be the first smartphone with Neo moniker by POCO.
The screenshot shared by tipster also reveals that the POCO X6 Neo Indian variant has the model number 2312FRAFDI (I represents Indian variant). To those unaware, as per China Telecom listing, the Redmi Note 13R Pro has the model number 2311FRAFDC which confirms that POCO X6 Neo will indeed be a rebranded Redmi Note 13R Pro.
The upcoming X-series handset from POCO has the codename gold_a, same as the Redmi Note 13 5G. This suggests that the POCO X6 Neo, Redmi Note 13R Pro, and Redmi Note 13 5G will be similar to each other in terms of specifications. Kacper says that the MIUI codes reveal the possibility of a 50MP or 64MP or 108MP primary camera on the upcoming X-series handset.
This is the first time when POCO X6 Neo has made an appearance on the web. We can expect POCO X6 Neo to appear on certification and benchmark websites in the coming weeks. In the meanwhile, let us take a quick recap of Redmi Note 13 5G specifications and features.
Redmi Note 13 5G: Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.67-inch AMOLED display with 1000 nits brightness, Full HD+ (1080 × 2400 pixel) resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 6080 SoC with Mali G57 GPU
- Memory: 6GB/ 8GB/ 12GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Storage: 128GB/ 256GB UFS 2.2 storage and a microSD card slot
- Software: MIUI 14, based on Android 13
- Front Camera: 16MP selfie camera
- Cameras: 100MP primary camera with an f/1.7 aperture, 2MP depth sensor, and LED flash
- Battery: 5000mAh battery
- Charging: 33W fast charging over a USB Type-C charging port
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 161.11 × 74.95 × 7.6mm
- Weight: 173.5 grams
- Others: 3.5mm audio jack, Infrared sensor, IP54 dust and splash resistance