- The Galaxy Z Flip 5 cover display will have Google apps customised for it.
- The Galaxy Z Flip 5 is expected to feature a 3.4-inch secondary display.
- The device might be powered by Qualcomm’s 3.36GHz Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC.
Samsung will be launching its new foldable smartphones, the Galaxy Z Flip 5 and the Galaxy Z Fold 5 in late July. The company will host the launch event for its new foldable smartphones in Seoul. Additionally, the brand is expected to host a separate launch event in the US and Canada on August 11. The Galaxy Z Fold 5 and the Galaxy Z Flip 5 will be offering upgraded specifications compared to their predecessor. Now, it is being reported that the Galaxy Z Flip 5’s cover display will get optimized Google apps. This new information comes courtesy of folks at Sammobile.
Multiple Google Apps Support Coming to Galaxy Z Fip 5’s Cover Display
The report by Sammobile claims that apart from Samsung’s app, Google apps have been optimized for the Galaxy Z Flip 5’s outer display. This includes apps such as Google Maps, Google Messages, and YouTube. With the new optimization, users will be able to text, watch videos, and look up directions without having to unfold the device. The upcoming Galaxy Z Flip 5 is expected to adopt a 3.4-inch display on the back side, compared to the 1.9-inch screen which we saw for the Galaxy Z Flip 4.
Both the Galaxy Z Flip 5 and the Galaxy Z Fold 5 are expected to offer a new hinge mechanism. These upcoming foldable smartphones are expected to feature Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC. The Galaxy Z Flip 5 is rumoured to feature a 6.7-inch AMOLED display with a Full HD+ resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate. The device might pack up to 8GB of RAM and 128GB/512GB of internal storage. As for the software, we can expect the upcoming Samsung foldable phones to run Android 13 out of the box with One UI 5.1.1 on top.
Currently, Samsung has not revealed the official launch date of the Galaxy Z Fold 5 and the Galaxy Z Flip 5. The past report suggests that these devices might be announced by Samsung on July 26th.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 Specifications (Expected)
- Display: 6.7-inch AMOLED display, Full HD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, punch-hole cutout.
- Secondary display: 3.4-inch display screen
- Processor: Qualcomm’s 3.36GHz Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC with Adreno 740 GPU
- RAM And Storage: 8GB, 128GB/ 256GB.
- Rear camera: 12MP primary camera, 12MP ultra-wide lens.
- Front camera: 12MP.
- Software: Android 13 with One UI 5.1.1 on top
- Battery and fast charging: 3700mAh, 25W fast charging support, 10W wireless charging.