After releasing iOS 14.3 last month, Apple has now released new updates for various devices including iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watches. The update for iPhones is rolling out as iOS 14.4 while the iPads are receiving iPadOS 14.4. It is not just iPhones and iPads receiving new updates, Apple is also rolling out WatchOS 7.3 for Apple Watches. Let us have a detailed look at the new features, and bug fixes that these updates bring to the devices.
iOS 14.4 Changelogs and Features
iOS 14.4 brings the ability to scan even smaller QR codes to the devices. The Cupertino tech giant has also added a feature for the classification of a device type for third-party Bluetooth-connected audio devices. Apart from these, the company has also added a new feature for the iPhone 12 series devices which will show a notification if the camera is replaced with a non-genuine camera by third-party service centers during repairs. Take a look at official changelogs below,
• Smaller QR codes can be recognised by Camera • Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of headphones for audio notifications • Notifications for when the camera on your iPhone is unable to be verified as a new, genuine Apple camera in iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
Apart from the new features, the update also brings fix for several issues.
• Image artefacts could appear in HDR photos taken with iPhone 12 Pro • Fitness widget may not display updated Activity data • Typing may be delayed and word suggestions may not appear in the keyboard • The keyboard may not come up in the correct language in Messages • Enabling Switch Control in Accessibility may prevent phone calls from being answered from the Lock Screen
iPadOS 14.4 Changelogs and Features
With iPadOS 14.4, the iPads are also gaining the ability to scan even smaller QR codes to the devices. Similar to iPhones, iPads will also be able to classify the device type for third-party Bluetooth-connected audio devices. Take a look at official changelogs below,
• Smaller QR codes can be recognised by Camera • Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of headphones for audio notifications
Apart from the above-mentioned features, the update also brings fix for the issues that might be troubling some of the iPad users. Apple has fixed the issue which caused a delay in typing, and sometimes the word suggestions were also not appearing in the keyboard.
• Typing may be delayed and word suggestions may not appear in the keyboard • The keyboard may not come up in the correct language in Messages
iPadOS 14.4 is now available for iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini 5, iPad (5th gen onwards), iPad Air 2, iPad Air 3, iPad Air 4, and all iPad Pro models.
WatchOS 7.3 Changelogs and Features
Apple Watches are also receiving a few new features with WatchOS 7.3. Apple has added a new Unity watch face collection based on colors of Pan-African flags. The new watch face changes the shape throughout the days based on your movement. Apple has also added a new feature for Apple Fitness+ subscribers which lets them hear the inspiring stories during their walks. Apart from it, the company has also introduced ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4, and other models in various regions including Japan, Philippines, and Thailand. Take a look at official changelogs below,
• Unity watch face—inspired by the colors of the Pan-African Flag, the shapes change throughout the day as you move creating a face that’s unique to you • Time to Walk for Apple Fitness+ subscribers—an audio experience in the Workout app where guests share inspiring stories as you walk • ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, and Thailand • Irregular heart rhythm notifications in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, Taiwan, and Thailand • Fix for an issue where Control Center and Notification Center may be unresponsive when Zoom is enabled
WatchOS 7.3 is available for Apple Watch Series 3, Watch Series 4, and later models. Do you use any of the above-mentioned devices? Have you updated your device yet? Do let us know in the comments below.