- Google confirmed the launch of its upcoming flagship devices on October 4.
- The smartphones will be available for pre-orders from October 5 in India.
- The Pixel duo will be available via Flipkart in India.
Google recently confirmed the launch of the forthcoming Google Pixel 8 series. The upcoming Pixel number series includes the vanilla Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro smartphones. Google also confirmed that the duo will be available for pre-orders from October 4. MySmartPrice exclusively revealed the high-resolution renders of the upcoming smartphones. The renders shared by MySmartPrice revealed the design and different colour options of the upcoming devices.
The search giant previously leaked the design of the Pixel 8 Pro smartphone by accidentally listing the smartphone on its website. Now 91mobiles has exclusively published a report in collaboration with well-known tipster Kamila Wojciechowska. The report shared by 91mobiles reveals the camera specifications and features of upcoming Pixel smartphones.
The report attaches a promo video, which explains the complete camera features of the forthcoming Pixel devices. The tipster also reveals that the vanilla model and Pixel 8 Pro will have the same primary rear and selfie cameras. Google will equip its flagship smartphones with a primary 50MP Octa PD sensor on the rear.
The sensor has an f/1.8 aperture, 1.2 μm pixel width, a field of view of 82 degrees, and a sensor size of 1/1.31″. The primary rear camera also supports super res zoom up to 8x, which enhances its zooming for the vanilla model, which doesn’t sport any telephoto or periscope lens. The vanilla model will be paired with a secondary 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.25 μm pixel width, and a 125.8-degree field of view.
In comparison, the Pro model will be equipped with a 48MP Quad PD ultra-wide-angle lens with f/1.95 aperture, 0.8 μm pixel width, and a 125.5-degree field of view. Google will equip the ultra-wide-angle lens of both smartphones with auto-focus and lens correction features. The Pro model also features a 48 MP Quad PD telephoto lens with f/2.8 aperture, 0.7 μm pixel width, and a 21.8-degree field of view.
The telephoto sensor will feature 5x optical and 30x super-res zoom. The search engine giant will provide a 10.5 MP Dual PD selfie camera with f/2.2 aperture on both Pixel smartphones. The sensor has a pixel width of 1.22 μm, fixed focus, and a field of view of 95 degrees.
The teaser video reveals that Google will offer the Pro smartphone with Pro controls, including while shooting video. The video also displays the background noise-erasing feature, which was tipped previously. Another interesting feature would be integrating swap faces through the Magic Editor. Other upcoming Google Pixel smartphone features include Real Tone, Night Sight, and Astrophotography.
Google Pixel 8, Pixel 8 Pro Expected Specifications
- Display: 6.71-inch OLED display, QHD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate (Pixel 8 Pro), 6.17-inch display, Full HD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate (Pixel 8)
- Chipset: Google Tensor G3 SoC
- RAM and Storage: 12GB RAM, 128GB/256GB internal storage (Pixel 8), 12GB RAM, 128GB/256GB/512GB internal storage
- Software: Android 14
- Rear Cameras: 50MP primary camera, OIS, 48MP ultra-wide lens, 48MP telephoto camera (Pixel 8 Pro), 50MP primary camera, 12MP ultra-wide lens (Pixel 8)
- Front Camera: 10.5MP
- Battery: 4,950mAh battery, 27W wired fast charging, 12W wireless charging (Pixel 8 Pro), 4,485mAh, 24W wired fast charging, 12W wireless charging (Pixel 8)
- Colours: Hazel, Obsidian, Rose, Mint (Pixel 8), Bay, Obsidian, Porcelain and Mint (Pixel 8 Pro)