- Huawei has launched the Mate 60 Pro+ and Mate 60 RS Ultimate Design smartphones in China.
- The Mate 60 RS Ultimate Edition is the new smartphone series from the brand.
- Both devices are equipped with in-house Kirin chipsets.
Huawei has recently concluded a launch event in China where they have unveiled a bunch of new smartphones, tablets, and smartwatches. The Chinese giant has debuted two new smartphones in the Huawei Mate 60 series, the Huawei Mate 60 Pro+ and Mate 60 RS Ultimate Design smartphones. The Mate 60 RS Ultimate Design is a special edition of the newly debuted Mate 60 Pro+ smartphone.
Huawei has also debuted the Huawei MateBook Pro 13.2 tablet, Huawei Watch GT 4, and more at the event. Huawei MateBook Pro 13.2 is the largest tablet from the brand to feature a flexible OLED display. The Huawei Watch GT 4 was debuted recently in the European markets. To recall, Huawei launched the vanilla Mate 60 and Mate 60 Pro smartphones in the last week of August 2023.
Huawei Mate 60 Pro+, Huawei Mate 60 RS: Pricing, Availability
Huawei has launched the Mate 60 Pro+ in Xuan white and Inkstone black colour options. The smartphone is priced at RMB 8999 (approx. Rs 1,02,350) for the base variant with 16 RAM and 512GB storage. The top-end variant with 16GB RAM and 1TB storage is priced at RMB 9999 (approx. Rs 113,700). Both smartphones will be available for pre-orders on Huawei’s website from September 25.
In contrast, the Mate 60 RS Ultimate Design is available in Xuan black and Rui red hues. The base variant of the phone with 16GB RAM and 512GB storage is priced at RMB 11,999 (approx. Rs 136,450) and RMB 12,999 (approx. Rs 1,47,820) for the top-end variant with 16GB RAM and 128GB storage. Huawei is yet to confirm about the global launch of the Mate 60 series smartphones.
Huawei Mate 60 Pro+, Huawei Mate 60 RS: Features, Specifications
Huawei has equipped both smartphones with the exact specifications except for the design. The vanilla Mate 60 Pro+ smartphone features a similar design to the other Mate 60 series smartphones. However, it features a leather finish on the rear.
The leatherette finish on the smartphone is made using a nano-scale metal double-dyeing process. The Mate 60 RS Ultimate Edition is the first device to debut after Huawei ended its collaboration with Porsche for designs.
The device also features a camera layout in an octagon shape. Huawei also offers various premium services, such as VIP lounge service at airports and train stations for Mate 60 RS customers.
The brand will also offer flight delay insurance, and lawyer consultation, and users can purchase exclusive Star Diamond protective cases to protect the front and rear of the device. Both smartphones feature improvements in cameras and fast charging in comparison to the vanilla Pro smartphone.
- Display: 6.82-inch LPTO OLED display, Full HD+ resolution, LTPO panel (1-120Hz), 300Hz touch sampling rate, 1.07 billion colours, P3 colour gamut, 2nd gen Kunlun glass (Mate 60 Pro+), Xuanwu tempered Kunlun glass (Mate 60 RS)
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 9000S SoC, Maleoon 910 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 16GB LPDDR5X RAM, Up to 1TB UFS 3.1 internal storage
- Software: Harmony OS 4.0
- Cameras: 48MP primary camera with variable aperture (f/1.4-f/4.0), OIS, 48MP periscope telephoto lens, f/2.0 aperture, 3.5x optical zoom, OIS, 100x digital zoom, 40MP ultra-wide-angle camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 13MP selfie camera, f/2.4 aperture
- Battery and Charging: 5000mAh battery, 88W Huawei SuperCharge fast charging, 50W wireless charging, 20W reverse wireless charging
- Others: IP68 dust and water resistant, In-display fingerprint scanner, Stereo speakers