- Nothing OS 2.5 Open Beta 2 extends GLYPH interface integration for Google Calendar.
- The brand has also added a new Glyph animation for NFC usage.
- The update also brings with it improved UI design which enables a new look for status bar and quick setting tiles.
Nothing, last month, announced the Nothing OS 2.5, based on Android 14. The company also made the Nothing OS 2.5 Open Beta 1 available for the Nothing Phone (2). Now, almost after a month, the brand has started rolling out Nothing OS 2.5 Open Beta 2 update for the Nothing Phone (2).
The Nothing Phone (2) Nothing OS 2.5 Open Beta 2 brings with it several new customization options. The brand has also extended GLYPH interface integration for Google Calendar. Also, Nothing has begun teasing Nothing OS 3 which is scheduled to rollout in 2024. Let us take a closer look at the details.
Our OS just keeps getting better and better.
Powered by Android 14, you can experience Nothing OS 2.5 first with the second phase of our open Beta.
Here's what you can expect in our latest update ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/ISGfEr7bWA
— Nothing (@nothing) November 9, 2023
Nothing OS 2.5 Open Beta 2: Changelogs and Features
Nothing has redesigned the Customization Page with the NothingOS 2.5. The brand has merged the Home Screen and Lock Screen customization in one place. Also, under the customization option, users now have an option to choose monochrome colour palette. The update also brings new glass filter for wallpapers.
With Nothing OS 2.5 Open Beta 2, Nothing Phone (2) users will have an option to assign a shortcut to power button double tap. Nothing has also provided an option to adjust duration for the Glyph timer and users now have an option to open Glyph timer directly from the lock screen. The brand has also added a new Glyph animation for NFC usage.
Nothing OS 2.5 Open Beta 2 also brings with improved UI design which enables a new look for status bar and quick setting tiles. The brand has also implemented separate volume controls for ringtones and notification volumes. Nothing has also added a few new lockscreen shortcuts including the QR code scanner and more. Take a look at the Nothing OS 2.5 Open Beta 2 changelogs,
- Glyph Progress integration for Google Calendar. Keep track of your upcoming events with a 5-minute countdown via the Glyph Interface.Glyph Timer now supports time presets, allowing you to quickly set your desired duration.
- Glyph Timer can now be opened directly from the lock screen without unlocking.
- Added an option to open the Glyph Timer pop-up window by tapping instead of holding. This also works with the Quick Settings widget.
- Added a new Glyph animation when NFC is used.
- Predictive Back is now supported on all Nothing apps.
- Added more options for the double-press power button gesture.
- Improved the reliability of the three-finger swipe gesture.
- Updated several status bar icons.
- Many other minor UI improvements.
- General bug fixes.
Nothing has also teased a few new Widgets for the Nothing OS 2.5. These include a new Pedometer widget which will show steps, a media player widget, and a screen time widget. Nothing says that these new Widgets will be available with another update in December.
Nothing founder Carl Pei has also talked about the company’s engineering improvements and emphasized on increased workforce and improved financials. Carl also revealed that Nothing is working on Nothing OS 3 which will be based on Android 14. The brand is aiming for a 2024 rollout. With Nothing OS 3, the company is aiming to create a connected experience with fewer distractions and meaningful interactions.
Nothing also plans to enhance the Glyph interface and in order to do so, it will introduce a new combination of hardware and software features. The company also aims to improve UI uniformity for a more uniform user experience.