OnePlus, back in February, launched the OnePlus Nord CE 2 5G smartphone in the Indian market. Despite launching the smartphone in 2022, OnePlus decided to ship the smartphone with OxygenOS 11.3, which was based on Android 11. Now, a few months after launch, the brand has finally started rolling out Android 12 update for the OnePlus Nord CE 2 users in India.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 Android 12 comes with OxygenOS 12 skin on top but readers must note that it is Open Beta phase. This means OnePlus Nord CE 2 OxygenOS stable ROM users will have to wait for some more time for Android 12 update to arrive on their units. Let us take a closer look at what the new update has in the store for the OnePlus Nord CE 2 users.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 Android 12 Open Beta Update: Features and Changelogs
OxygenOS 12 brings with it several new features including an all-new dark mode that lets users choose between three adjustable levels in order to deliver a more comfortable user experience. OnePlus has also made some visual changes to the Shelf including the new card layout which makes data content visually clean and easier to read. Take a look at the official changelogs,
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized AI System Booster to 2.1 to support the system to run smoothly even when the load is high
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Newly added three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
Work Life Balance
- Newly added Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- Newly supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Newly added diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
OnePlus Nord CE 2 5G Android 12 Open Beta Update: How to Install
OnePlus Nord CE 2 users in India can head over to this link to download the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta firmware. In order to install the downloaded firmware, smartphone users need to copy the downloaded firmware package to the phone storage, and power off the phone. Users then need to press the power button and volume down button simultaneously for 10 seconds to boot the device into recovery mode. In the recovery mode, users can simply choose the downloaded firmware for installation and click on upgrade.
However, before you proceed with the installation, ensure that the device has at least 30% battery left and there is at least 5GB of free storage available on the device. OnePlus is also providing users an option to roll back to Android 11 in case they’re not happy with the Android 12 update.