- The Oppo A38 is tipped to feature a 90hz LCD display with a waterdrop notch.
- The smartphone is said to come equipped with a 5000mAh battery and Type-C charging port.
- It is said to offer a 5000mAh battery unit and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Oppo is expected to add a couple of new smartphones – the Oppo A18 and the Oppo A38 to its A-series. A couple of weeks ago, the Oppo A18 and Oppo A38 were spotted on several certification websites including the Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS) and Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
Recently, the design renders and key specifications of the upcoming Oppo A38 were leaked on the web. In a new development, folks at Pricebaba have spotted the upcoming Oppo A38 with the model number CPH2579 on the Geekbench benchmark database. Let us take a closer look at the Oppo A38 specifications.
The Oppo A38 made an appearance on the Geekbench benchmark database with the model number CPH2579. The upcoming A-series smartphone managed to score 431 points in the single-core round of the Geekbench 6 benchmark test. Whereas, in the multi-core round, the score was recorded as 1340 points.
The Oppo A38 Geekbench listing reveals the presence of an octa-core ARM MT6769V/CZ processor. This confirms that the upcoming A-series smartphone will be equipped with a MediaTek Helkio G85 processor. To those unaware, the MediaTek Helio G85 is a 3-year-old processor and it has been used on several mid-range smartphones including the POCO C55, Redmi 12C, and Infinix Hot 10S.
The Oppo A38, as per the Geekbench listing, will feature 4GB of RAM, under the hood. The smartphone will come pre-loaded with Android 13 out of the box, but as usual, we can expect it to be topped with ColorOS 13 skin. Oppo A38 key specifications and pricing recently surfaced on the web, let us take a quick recap of Oppo A38’s leaked specifications, features, and pricing.
Oppo A38: Leaked Specifications, Features, and Price
- Display: 6.56-inch IPS LCD display, HD+ resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, water-drop shape notch.
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G85 SoC, Mali G52 GPU
- Memory And Storage: 4GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- Software: ColorOS 13, based on Android 13
- Camera: 50MP primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP auxiliary lens with f/2.4 aperture, and LED flash
- Front camera: 5MP selfie camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 5,000mAh battery, USB Type-C charging port
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 4G, Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, GPS, Glonass, Beidou, and Galileo.
- Others: IP54 dust and water resistance
- Colour Options: Black and Gold
The Oppo A38 is tipped to cost €159 (approx Rs 14,300) for a 4GB + 128GB configuration variant. The Oppo A38 is said to launch next month in the European and Asian markets. The smartphone is also said to launch in India.