Oppo Reno5 Pro Camera System DetailedIn a deep-dive session, embargo of which lifted today, Oppo outlined the tech inside the Reno5 Pro camera. Here are the key things to note –
- The Reno5 Pro will be capable of shooting portrait videos, implementing various portrait effects in real time and reducing camera shake.
- The camera system can shoot videos with Ultra Night Mode and Live HDR combined, which Oppo claims is a first for a smartphone.
- Video capture will also get help from AI algorithms that automatically detect the level of light in the frame and adjust the brightness, colour and clarity.
- A Fusion Algorithm Framework will take multiple shots at various exposures and fuse them using proprietary Adaptive Brightness Enhancement, Noise Reduction and Dynamic Range algorithms.
- The camera system will also include the ability to shoot monochrome and colour pop videos.
- Finally, there’s the Portrait Enhancement Engine that looks at nearly all aspects of portrait photography as data inputs for software processing. Oppo has fed the AI algorithm with 1000s of face profiles, scene conditions and the likes, and the database will be referenced in real time to improve portrait shots.
Oppo Reno5 Pro Camera SpecsSince the Oppo Reno5 Pro is already available, we know the camera hardware the smartphone will use in India. The smartphone rocks a 64MP primary camera with 1/1.73″ sensor size and f/1.7 aperture. There’s an 8MP Ultrawide camera with f/2.2 aperture and two 2MP cameras for macro and depth measurement. On the front is a punch-hole 32MP selfie shooter with f/2.4 aperture. So by the looks of it, the company is adding intelligent software along with the hardware to spice things up. All this surely hypes up the camera performance on the Reno5 Pro. But honestly, without looking at actual results it’s hard to say whether so much R&D actually bear fruits, especially in the Indian conditions. So, stay tuned for our review.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page