- The POCO X6 5G could be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 7s Gen 2 SoC.
- The smartphone might offer a 120Hz OLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
- It might feature a 200MP camera setup and a 5000mAh battery.
POCO, earlier this year, unveiled the POCO X5 series smartphones. The POCO X5 series consists of two models – the POCO X5 and the POCO X5 Pro. POCO is expected to launch the successor of the X5 series – the POCO X6 series in the coming months. Now, the POCO X6 5G, with the model number 23122PCD1G, has been spotted on IMDA certification.
The POCO X6 Pro, as per tipster Kacper Skrzypek, will be a rebranded Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G from China. To those unaware, the Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G was unveiled alongside the Redmi Note 13 5G and the Redmi Note 13 Pro+ 5G back in September in China. Let us take a closer look at the details.
The POCO X6 5G global variant with the model number 23122PCD1G (G represents global variant) has been spotted on IMDA certification website. Alongside, the POCO X6 5G Indian variant, (model number 23122PCD1I) has cleared Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) certification. This suggests that the POCO X6 5G global and India debut is just around the corner.
Update: It's also POCO X6 5G. There's not yet used blob for OV64B40 camera sensor, so… Which one – Redmi or POCO – will have it in Global variant? pic.twitter.com/ANQC4DTlkH
— Kacper Skrzypek 🇵🇱 (@kacskrz) November 12, 2023
A couple of days back, tipster Kacper Skrzypek, who has a very credible track record for Xiaomi and POCO related leaks, revealed that the POCO X6 5G will be a rebranded Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G from China. Kacper shared a screenshot from MIUI code to support his claim and the screenshot revealed the moniker as well as the model number of the upcoming POCO handset.
However, we can expect the POCO X6 5G to have a few difference compared to the Redmi Note 13 Pro. To those unaware, in past, POCO launched the Redmi Note series handsets under the X series but with a difference design and a few under the hood changes. Let us take a quick recap of Redmi Note 13 Pro Chinese variant’s specifications and features.
Redmi Note 13 Pro Chinese Variant: Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.67-inch OLED display, 1.5K (2712 x 1220 pixel) resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 1800 nits peak brightness, Dolby Vision, and Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 7s Gen 2 SoC with Adreno 710 GPU
- Memory: 8GB/ 12GB LPDDR4X RAM or 16GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128GB/ 256GB UFS 2.2 storage or 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Software: MIUI 14, based on Android 13
- Front Camera: 16MP selfie camera
- Cameras: 200MP primary camera with OIS, 8MP ultra-wide angle lens, 2MP macro shooter, and LED flash
- Battery: 5000mAh
- Charging: 67W fast charging over a USB Type-C charging port
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner
- Audio: Stereo speaker setup with Dolby Atmos sound
- Weight: 187 grams
- Dimensions: 161.15 × 74.24 × 7.98mm
- Others: IP54 water and dust resistance