- Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy has been spotted on Geekbench.
- The special edition chipset from Qualcomm has a higher clock speed than the regular Snapdragon 8 Gen 3.
- The Samsung Galaxy 24 Ultra is tipped to exclusively feature the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3, without any Exynos model.
Samsung’s upcoming flagship, the Galaxy S24 Ultra is one of the most anticipated devices among Android enthusiasts. It will be one of the first globally available Android devices with the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset.
The Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy has now been spotted on Geekbench. The special edition of the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 features a higher clock speed and will be exclusively available for Samsung devices.
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Spotted on Geekbench With Overclocked Snapdragon 8 Gen 3
A new Samsung device with the model number SM-S928U has been spotted on Geekbench. The device appears to have the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset clocked at 3.4GHz. For reference, the official clock speed of the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 is limited to 3.3GHz by Qualcomm.
Hence, it is likely that this chipset is the special edition Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy. As per reports, the Samsung Galaxy S24 is expected to exclusively feature the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3, without any Exynos model.
Samsung will however continue to offer Exynos 2400 in select markets on the Galaxy S24 and the Galaxy S24 Plus. The company recently unveiled the details of the chipset, and Samsung said that the Exynos 2400 will be 70% faster than its predecessor – the Exynos 2200.
The Geekbench scores of the overclocked Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy are almost on par with the regular variant when compared to the Geekbench scores of the Xiaomi 14 Pro. Hence, it will be interesting to see how this special edition flagship chipset performs in real-life usage.
As per a recent report, the Samsung Galaxy S24 Series could launch sooner this time. Samsung is expected to launch its latest flagship as early as January 2024, which is a few weeks ahead of its usual timeline for its Galaxy launches.
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Specifications (Expected)
- Display: 6.7-inch OLED screen, 144Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 Made for Galaxy
- RAM and Storage: 8GB/12GB/16GB RAM, 256GB/512GB/1TB storage
- Software: OneUI 6 based on Android 14
- Rear cameras: 200 MP primary, 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 50MP periscope lens with 5x optical zoom, 10MP telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom
- Front camera: 12MP sensor
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 45W wired charging, 15W wireless charging
- Others: IP68 rating, titanium frame, in-display fingerprint scanner