- The Xiaomi 14 Ultra will be the top model flagship of the recently launched Xiaomi 14 Series.
- The device is tipped to receive a larger capacity battery than the latest Xiaomi 13 Ultra.
- Reports suggest that Xiaomi could launch the Xiaomi 14 Ultra in the first quarter of 2024.
Xiaomi recently launched the Xiaomi 14 Series in China, which was the first device in the world to launch with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset. The company also continued its camera partnership with Leica and introduced optical zoom and variable aperture lenses with its latest flagships.
Xiaomi is now said to be working on the top model of the Xiaomi 14 Series, the Xiaomi 14 Ultra. As per latest reports, Xiaomi’s upcoming flagship is expected to get a larger capacity than its predecessor, the Xiaomi 13 Ultra. The launch timeline of the Xiaomi 14 Ultra has also been leaked online.
Xiaomi 14 Ultra Launch Timeline Tipped Online
Popular tipster Fixed Focus Digital has tipped the tentative launch timelines of several flagship smartphones in China via Weibo. As per the post, smartphone launches are expected to slow down after mid-December and the industry may not see new devices for a while.
The post further mentions that the Xiaomi 14 Ultra shall launch in March 2024. During Q1 2024, we are also expected to see the launch of the Huawei P70 Series and the Vivo X100 Ultra.
China-based publication CNMO has reported that the Xiaomi 14 Ultra will get a 5500mAh battery, which is a significant upgrade over its predecessor. To recall, the Xiaomi 13 Ultra comes with a 5000mAh battery.
CNMO says that Xiaomi is keen to provide a larger battery on its top model flagship to offer extended camera sessions to its users. The company is also said to be working on upgrading the quad-camera setup from the Xiaomi 13 Ultra. Xiaomi could also experiment with titanium on the Xiaomi 14 Ultra as they did with a special Titanium Edition of the Xiaomi 14 Pro.
The Xiaomi 14 Ultra shall also follow Xiaomi’s transition to HyperOS. Xiaomi is yet to bring the Xiaomi 14 and the Xiaomi 14 Pro to markets outside of China, hence, the global regions have not witnessed a device with HyperOS out of the box.
Apart from these details, not much is known about the Xiaomi 14 Ultra yet. The device is expected to launch in China first, followed by select regions in the global markets.
It is worth noting that Xiaomi did not launch the Xiaomi 13 Ultra in India. The company instead launched the Xiaomi 13 Pro in the country at Rs 79,999, making it one of the most expensive Xiaomi devices in India. The company may have skipped the Xiaomi 13 Ultra due to its higher pricing, as Xiaomi is more dominant in the midrange and flagship killer segment in India.
Xiaomi 14 Ultra Specifications (Expected)
- Display: 6.7-inch AMOLED screen, 2K resolution, 120Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3
- Software: HyperOS based on Android 14
- RAM And Storage: 12GB/16GB, 256GB/512GB/1TB
- Rear cameras: 50MP primary with OIS, 50MP ultrawide lens, 50MP telephoto lens, fourth camera with Sony LYT900 sensor
- Front camera: 32MP
- Battery: 5500mAh, 120W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging
- Other Features: IP68 rating, in-display fingerprint scanner