The Government of India has just announced a new wave to Chinese origin apps in India that includes 54 apps. MeitY claims that these apps were banned on grounds of transferring data of Indian users to foreign countries including China.
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology or MeitY has issued the order to ban these 54 Chinese apps in India under Section 69a of the Information Technology Act, 2000.
List of 54 New Chinese Apps & Games Banned in India in 2022
The news agency, ANI reports that the list of these 54 apps includes Beauty Camera: Sweet Selfie HD, Beauty Camera – Selfie Camera, Equalizer & Bass Booster, CamCard for SalesForce Ent, Isoland 2: Ashes of Time Lite, Viva Video Editor, Tencent Xriver, Onmyoji Chess, Onmyoji Arena, AppLock, Dual Space Lite. More names should be revealed soon.
The list confirms that the Garena Free Fire – Illuminate has been banned in India but the Free Fire Max will stay in India. It includes Moonchat, FancyU, Wink, Badlanders, and more. You can check out the full list below.
- Beauty Camera: Sweet Selfie HD
- Beauty Camera – Selfie Camera
- Equalizer — Bass Booster & Volume EO & Virtualizer
- Music Player- Music, Mp3 Player
- Equalizer & Bass Booster – Music Volume EO
- Music Plus – MP3 Player
- Equalizer Pro – Volume Booster & Bass Booster
- Video Player Media All Format
- Music Player – Equalizer & MP3
- Volume Booster – Loud Speaker & Sound Booster
- Music Player – MP3 Player
- CamCard for SalesForce Ent
- Isoland 2: Ashes of Time Lite
- Rise of Kingdoms: Lost Crusade
- APUS Security HD (Pad Version)
- Parallel Space Lite 32 Support
- Viva Video Editor – Snack Video Maker with Music
- Nice video baidu
- Tencent Xriver
- Onmyoji Chess
- Onmyoji Arena
- Dual Space Lite – Multiple Accounts & Clone App
- Dual Space Pro – Multiple Accounts & App Cloner
- DualSpace Lite – 32Bit Support
- Dual Space – 32Bit Support
- Dual Space – 64Bit Support
- Dual Space Pro – 32Bit Support
- Conquer Online – MMORPG Game
- Conquer Online II
- Live Weather & Radar – Alerts
- Notes- Color Notepad. Notebook
- MP3 Cutter – Ringtone Maker & Audio Cutter
- Voice Recorder & Voice Changer
- Barcode Scanner – OR Code Scan
- Lica Cam – selfie camera app
- EVE Echoes
- U Game Booster-network solution for high ping
- Extraordinary Ones
- Stick Fight: The Game Mobile
- Twilight Pioneers
- Cute: Match With The World
- Small World-Enjoy groupchat and video chat
- CuteU Pro
- FancyU – Video Chat & Meetup
- RealU: Go Live, Make Friends
- MoonChat: Enjoy Video Chats
- RealU Lite -video to live!
- Wink: Connect Now
- FunChat Meet People Around You
- FancyU pro – Instant Meetup through Video chat!
- Garena Free Fire – Illuminate
“Many of the apps from the stable of Tencent and Alibaba, have changed hands to hide ownership. They are also being hosted out of countries like Hong Kong or Singapore, but the data was ultimately going to servers in Chinese destinations,” told a senior official on the reason for the ban of the 54 Chinese apps.
The banning of Chinese apps in India originated in 2020 and since then more than 270 apps have been banned in India for stealing the data of Indian users and transferring it to China. Popular apps and games such as PUBG Mobile, Tiktok, Alibaba, and more have been banned in India. However, these apps started coming back to India with their clone apps. The Government of India has now started banning these clone apps as well.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page