With Vodafone Idea’s troubles increasing, Airtel and Reliance Jio are pretty much the only two telcos remaining in India. So, if you are one of the 400 plus million users in India who own a smartphone, chances are you have an Airtel connection. And industry data also tells us that most Indian users choose prepaid connections over postpaid, which means you need to keep a close watch on your prepaid call and data balance. So it’s likely that you need to know all the ways an Airtel balance check can be done, and the company does offer quite a few. You can also read our article on Reliance Jio data balance checks here.
How to check Airtel data balance through USSD codes
USSD codes are actually used for many things, but data balance checks are perhaps the most common usage for the same. Here’s how to use USSD codes for Airtel data balance checks. You open the dialer on your phone, type up the following codes and press the call button. It’s also a handy way for people with feature phones to check data balance for their Airtel phone numbers.
- *123# – This is the code you use to check the validity of your Airtel mobile number. It tells you when your next recharge is due.
- *121# – This code allows Airtel 3G and Airtel 4G customers to use to check how much data balance is available on their phone.
These are the two main USSD codes you’ll find at most places, but there are other ways to check your Airtel balance as well. You can get more information on where your Airtel number’s balance, data balance and other things stand by using codes like *121*1#, *121*9# and *121*10#, *123*#, *123*11#, *121*8# and *123*197#.
How to check Airtel data balance using the Airtel Thanks app
The MyAirtel app is meant for people who have smartphones, either based on Android or iOS. You can download the MyAirtel app, which is now called Airtel Thanks, from the Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store. You have to login to the app using your phone number. If you have multiple numbers, you can track them all from this one place.
The Airtel Thanks app displays the main Airtel balance, the Airtel data balance, and gives you quick access to the company’s customer care bots and help sections. The Airtel Thanks app is actually the easiest way to keep a track of your Airtel data balance if you are using a Airtel prepaid connection on a smartphone.
It also happens to be the easier way to recharge your Airtel data balance on the go. You can buy new data packs, add top ups and more from the app.
How to use Airtel self care services to check Airtel data balance
Unlike Jio and Vodafone, Airtel also offers something called “self care services”, which though similar to the Airtel Thanks app, is a web-based system. You can use this to check your Airtel data balance too.
- You just login to your account on Airtel’s website. If you can’t find the self care website, just Google “Airtel self care” and it comes up as the top search.
- The website asks for your mobile number and needs an OTP to login, so keep your phone handy when you do this.
- The self care dashboard is right in front of you once you login, and you can make use of that to check the data balance.
How to Check Airtel Main Balance, SMS, Plan and Validity
Airtel offers different ways through which you can easily check multiple things like main balance, SMS balance, your Airtel recharge plan and validity. Users can use the application or use USSD codes to get the above-mentioned details. Here’s what you need to do in order to check for Airtel main balance, SMS, plan, and validity
How to Check Airtel Main Balance
You can check your Airtel balance by simply using the Airtel Thanks application. Just follow these steps:
- Download and install the Airtel Thanks application from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Login into the application using your Airtel number and OTP. Now to go to the home screen adn you will see the Airtel main balance.
Alternatively, you can use USD codes to know about your main Airtel balance. In order to do that, simply dial *123# from your dialler app and you will see a pop-up message showing your Airtel main balance.
How to Check Airtel SMS Balance
In order to check for your SMS balance, you can simply follow the above-mentioned steps. Users can download and instal the Airtel Thanks app and go to the home screen where they will find the details about their SMS balance. Alternatively, you can simply dial *121*7# code to get your Airtel SMS balance.
How to Check Airtel Recharge Plan and Validity
Customers can also check Airtel recharge plans and validity using the application and USSD codes. To start with the app, one can go to the home screen of the app and click on the main balance. There you can see which Airtel recharge plan you are currently using along with its validity.
Coming to the USSD codes, one can dial *123# to check for the validity of your Airtel mobile number. Alternatively, you can use *121*2# to know the detail about your recharge plan and validity.
How to check Airtel 4G dongle balance?
Users can easily check the Airtel 4G dongle balance by following these simple steps:
- Switch on your Airtel dongle and connect it to your laptop.
- Open the browser and type 192.168.0.1. This is the IP address of the Wi-Fi dongle.
- Press Enter and you will enter the login screen. The default password is ‘admin’. Enter and click on login.
- You will now see the UI of the Airtel 4G dongle. Go to the Information section and click on data usage. Here you will see your remaining balance, validity and pack name.
How do I check Airtel 4G data speed?
You can easily check the internet speed of your Airtel number by downloading the internet speed test app on your smartphone. One can use different apps like Ookla Speedtest, and more to test the download and upload speed of the Airtel network.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page