Best Dating Apps In India
|Best Dating App
|Tinder – Find a date
|Tinder – Dating New People
|OkCupid: Online Dating App
|OkCupid: Dating, Love & More
|happn – Dating app
|happn- Dating app
|Badoo – Dating & Meet People
|Badoo – Dating.Chat.Friends
|eharmony dating & real love
|eharmony: dating & real love
|Grindr – Gay Chat
|Grindr – Gay Dating & Chat
|Hinge Dating App: Meet People
|Hinge Dating App: Meet People
|Aisle – Dating App For Indians
|Aisle – Indian Dating App
|Bumble – Dating & Make Friends
|Bumble – Dating.Friends.Bizz
|TrulyMadly: Indian Dating App
|TrulyMadly: Indian Dating App
1. Tinder (3.8*)
The first on the list is the world’s most popular Tinder. It’s a US-based app allowing users to “swipe left” and “swipe right” to like and dislike other users’ profiles. It is the most preferred dating app in India and is widely used in metro cities such as Mumbai, Delhi, Banglore, etc.
- Message Before Match – This feature allows the user to attach a note while liking a profile. This enhances the chances of engagement as the other user see your profile before they swipe for like or not.
- Boost – As the name suggests, the boost feature allows you to be one of the top profiles in your area for 30 minutes. Hence, increasing visibility and reach to a wider user base near you becomes easy.
- Top Picks – This is a premium feature, designed to highlight your most swipe-worthy potential matches.
|Easy to use
|Expensive premium membership
|Fast location access
|Ban without notice
|Genuine user base
|No refund policy
2. OkCupid (4.3*)
The next on the list is OkCupid. This app is very much loved by millions around the globe. Its neat and clean user interface allows the user to navigate through profiles easily. Users can choose the potential match based on preferred interests.
- Boost – The boost feature allows the user to be one of the top profiles in your area for 30 minutes. So, if you boost the profile between (7 PM and 10 PM local time), the chances of a match increase as many people are online during this time period. Hence, increasing visibility and reach to a wider user base near you becomes easy.
- Super like – As the name says, a super like is a way of showing someone that you are interested in them. This enhances the chances of matching up to 4X!
- Read Receipts – Read receipts feature will let you know if your crush or potential match has read your messages or not. This is a cool feature to have.
|Fake profiles exist
|Too many ads
|Best for a long-term match
|History of serious data leaks
3. Happn (4.3*)
Happn is the next app on the list, covering millions of users worldwide. It’s also the location-based social search mobile and web application that allows users to match and interact. The best part is the app has great moderation and prevention of bot accounts. So, no worries about the inauthenticity.
- Crossed path-based match – The aim of the app is to match the users who have crossed paths. Its location-based mechanism allows the user to see and match the person with whom they have crossed paths recently.
- Invisible mode – This particular feature lets you be invisible for at least 8 hours. Meaning no one will cross your path on happn for the next 8 hours. Thus, the people you crossed paths with will no longer appear on your Timeline.
- Rewind – While using the app, you might skip the profile due to some reason. The premium subscription of the app lets you go back to the profile you accidentally skipped over.
|Easy to use and sign up
|Not so popular
|No bot accounts
|No personality-based matching
|Good features are for only premium users
4. Badoo (4.5*)
This Russian-origin-based dating app is excellent for those who are looking for love, friendship, or casual relationships. Its majority of users are late teens and young adults coming from European countries. The app has a high percentage of member activity.
- Search filters – The best feature is the use of search filters while using the app. This allows the user to search according to preferred filters, contributing to the best matches.
- Viewed your profile – Viewing who visited your profile is also a top-notch feature that helps a lot in finding who is interested in you.
- Messaging premium members – Messaging premium members is also an interesting and amazing feature that this app holds.
|Video chat available
|Not so good in tests
|Use of verification for authenticity
|No personality-based matching
|High monitoring to avoid explicit content
|Not many features compared to the competition
5. eharmony (4.0*)
eharmony helped over 2 million find love and date in the past years. This app offers a proprietary compatibility matching and personality profile system to help increase your chances of finding love online. This is why it is one of the most preferred dating apps by many users in some parts of the world.
- Very personalized process – eharmony lets you answer 80 compatibility test questions based on likes and dislikes, personality tests, and much more, in order find an ideal match for you. In consequence, ensuring the best compatibility for you.
- Video dates – The premium members of the app have the option to schedule the video date with each other after the initial interaction.
- High success rate – As per the claims of the company, eharmony successfully managed to satisfy 2 million people across the globe in finding love.
|Long-term dating app
|Limited free trial
|Video dating feature
|More expensive compared to other dating apps
|Longer sign-up process
6. Grindr (4.6*)
Grindr is the only app on our list that focuses on the community of gays, bisexuals, and transgenders. With millions of users, the app has a good engagement rate and popularity. It’s also a location-based app that reached almost every corner of the planet.
- Viewed Me – The app allows you to check who viewed your profile. Consequently increasing the chances of match and interaction as you would know who is interested in you.
- Incognito – Incognito mode helps you to appear offline to people whom you message.
- Chat translation – In case you are interacting with someone residing in a different geographical location, the chances of arising a language problem are high. So, grinder lets you translate messages in different languages with one another.
|Easy to use and match
|Glitches from time to time
|Best for casual dating
|Focus on the bisexual and trans community
|Purely for short-term matches
7. Hinge (4.5*)
This app is claiming to be the only dating app that is focusing on long-term connections among the user. The key matching functionality is based on interests and preferences rather than mindless swiping culture. Thus, a better option for those looking for something long-term.
- Liking – The users of the app can indicate interest by liking and commenting on stories or photos of other users. This is far better than sending an icebreaker message.
- Everlasting conversations – The app lets you read the messages that you sent, without deletion. Hence, conversations and matches never expire.
- Date from Home – This is perhaps one of the best features of the app. Hinge lets you move from messaging to a video or phone call easily. As a result, you can start dating from home.
|Can become highly complex
|Profile loading time is slow
|More short-term matches
8. Aisle (4.4*)
Aisle is India’s leading dating app focusing on building a community that believes in long-lasting relationships. It’s a perfect bridge between traditional matrimonial websites and casual dating apps. Enabling lakhs of users to engage and interact, the app earned a reputable 4.4 rating on the Play Store.
- Preference-based match – The app uses a solid and detailed algorithm that allows a person to choose a partner based on caste, age, religion, and hobbies.
- Long-term focus – The app focuses only on long-term matches rather a casual dating.
- Decent UI – Aisle has a decent user interface which is appealing to many.
|Can be used on a Desktop
|Premium membership is costly
|Advanced search filters for the best match
|Focuses on members only closed group
|At times, gets slow
9. Bumble (4.0*)
Bumble claims to be one of its kind by bringing dating, friend-finding, and career-building into one social networking platform. In this, women make the first move and have 24 hours to make the first move. The app seems to have everything from a great-quality UI to decent profiles.
- Rematch – Bumble lets you rematch with the expired connections. For many, its a great saver.
- Travel Mode – The app lets you swipe into different locations with travel mode.
- Incognito mode – Users can opt for Incognito mode for more privacy.
|Best for women to make the first move
|No match after 24 hours of no communication
|Profiles are short and concise
|A limited selection of gender identifications
|Premium membership is expensive
10. TrulyMadly (3.9*)
Last but not least app on the list is TrulyMadly. This app has over 90 lakh plus users across the country. This dating app lets you connect with Indians as well as NRIs for the best match possibilities. Simple UI and a genuine user base are the forte of this application.
- No fake profiles – The app team is dedicated to eliminating any fake profiles, contributing to the non-authentic user base.
- High security – The app ensures the safety of the women, by not letting the users take screenshots of female users.
- Compatibility Quiz – To provide a clear picture regarding compatibility, the app hosts a compatibility quiz for best match possibilities.
|Not many likes in terms of free
|The base plans are expensive compared to higher plans
|Sufficient right swipes for the day
|Many fake profiles
1) Which dating apps are totally free?
OkCupid is a dating app that is totally free.
2) Which is the No 1 dating app in India?
Bumble is the no 1 dating app in India.
3) Which dating app is best for serious relationships in India?
eharmony is the dating app that is best for serious relationships in India.
4) Which dating app do Indian girls use the most?
Tinder is the dating app that Indian girls use the most.
5) Which is the best and safe dating site in India?
Tinder is the best and safe dating site in India.