Checking your PAN (Permanent Account Number) card status online is a quick and convenient process that allows you to track the progress of your PAN card application or updates. Whether you’ve applied for a new PAN card, made corrections to your existing one, or simply want to ensure that your PAN card is on its way, you can easily do so from the comfort of your home in just a few minutes. In this blog, we’ll walk you through the simple steps to find out how to check pan card status online, ensuring you have the information you need at your fingertips.
How to Check PAN Card Status with PAN on the UTI website
If you wish to check your PAN card status on the UTIITSL (UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited) website, follow these steps:
- Go to the UTIITSL PAN Card Status Tracking Page:
Visit the official UTIITSL PAN Card status tracking page and click on the link: [UTIITSL PAN Card Status Tracking(https://www.trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/)
- Enter PAN Number:
On the tracking page, enter your PAN (Permanent Account Number). Do not enter any spaces or special characters.
- Security Code/Captcha:
Complete the security code or captcha verification
- Click on “Submit” or “Submit Request”:
After you are done, click the “Submit” or “Submit Request” button.
- View PAN Card Status:
The next page will display the current status of your PAN card. This could be either of the following.
– “Your PAN card is under process.”
– “Your PAN card has been dispatched via [courier name].”
– “Your PAN card has been delivered.”
- Additional Information (if needed):
If you see that your PAN card has been dispatched, you may also be able to track the delivery status by visiting the courier’s website.
This process should allow you to check the status of your PAN card on the UTIITSL website using your PAN number. It may take some time for your PAN card to be processed and delivered, so if the status is not available immediately, you might need to check back later
How to Check the Status of PAN Card with the Acknowledgement Number
To track your PAN (Permanent Account Number) card application status using the Acknowledgment Number, all you have to do is:
- Visit the Official NSDL or UTIITSL Website:
– If you applied for your PAN through NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited), visit the NSDL PAN status tracking page: [NSDL PAN Status Tracking]
– If you applied for your PAN through UTIITSL (UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited), visit the UTIITSL PAN status tracking page: [UTIITSL PAN Status Tracking]
- Select the Application Type:
– Select the application type: “New PAN – Indian Citizen (Form 49A)” for individual applicants, or “New PAN – Foreign Citizen (Form 49AA)” for foreign citizens.
- Enter the 15-digit Acknowledgment Number:
– Input the 15-digit Acknowledgment Number from the acknowledgment receipt you have.
- Complete CAPTCHA Verification:
-Fill in the CAPTCHA code provided on the page.
- Click on “Submit” or “Track PAN”:
– After entering the Acknowledgment Number and CAPTCHA, click the “Submit” or “Track PAN” button.
- View PAN Card Application Status:
– Check the status of your PAN card application on the page. The status may be one of the following:
– “PAN is under process.”
– “PAN card dispatched via [courier name].”
– “PAN card delivered.”
- Check Delivery Status (if needed):
– If you can see that PAN card has been dispatched, you may also be able to track the delivery status by visiting the courier’s website
You can conveniently track the status of your PAN card application using the Acknowledgment Number. Please remember that it may take some time for your PAN card to be processed and dispatched, so if the status is not available immediately, check back later.
How to Check PAN Card Status without an Acknowledgment Number
Checking the PAN (Permanent Account Number) card status without an Acknowledgment Number Is difficult. However, If you have lost or misplaced your acknowledgment number, you can still track your PAN card status. All you have to do is –
- Contact the Issuing Authority: Get in touch with the issuing authority where you applied for your PAN card. If you applied through NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) or UTIITSL (UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited), they may be able to assist you in retrieving your Acknowledgement Number.
- Visit the Local PAN Card Office: Visit the local PAN card office or facilitation centre where you submitted your PAN card details. They might be able to help you retrieve your Acknowledgment Number.
- Check Your Application Documents: Review any documents or correspondence related to your PAN card application. The Acknowledgment Number is usually provided in the acknowledgment receipt.
- Check with Your Bank: If you applied for a PAN card through a bank or financial institution, contact them for assistance.
- Resubmit the PAN Application (if necessary): If you are unable to retrieve your Acknowledgment Number, you might consider reapplying for a PAN card.
It’s essential to keep your Acknowledgment Number safe, as it is the primary means of tracking your PAN card application. If you can’t locate your Acknowledgment Number, it’s advisable to follow up with the relevant authorities and use the options mentioned above to attempt to retrieve it.
How to Check PAN Card Status through Name and Date of Birth
There’s no way to check your PAN Card transaction status or application status by Date of Birth only, but you can check your PAN Card details by verifying your PAN by entering name and date of birth and following the below steps.
Step 1: Visit the official website of Income Tax E-Filing at https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/
Step 2: Under the section “Quick Links”, verify your PAN
Step 3: Enter details like your PAN, full name, date of birth, and mobile number and click on “Continue”.
Step 4: Enter the OTP that you receive on your mobile number and click on “Validate”
A new page will appear on the screen showing “Your PAN is Active and the details match with PAN Database”.
Check PAN Card application status via Missed Call
You can check your PAN (Permanent Account Number) card application status via missed call if you have applied through NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited). Provided by NSDL this service is a convenient way to check your PAN application status.
To check your PAN card application status via missed call through NSDL, follow these steps:
- Ensure you have the registered phone number you are using with your PAN Card application
- Dial the following number:
– For NSDL PAN applications: +91 7304511800
- After dialling the number, the call will be disconnected automatically.
- An SMS with the current status of the PAN application will be sent to you. This message will include information on whether your application is under process, dispatched, or delivered.
Keep in mind that the missed call service is typically only available for applicants who have applied for a new PAN card or a reprint of an existing PAN card through NSDL. If you applied through UTIITSL or any other agency, this specific service might not be available. Additionally, please verify the latest contact details on the NSDL website or contact their customer support for any updates or changes to this service.
How to check PAN Card application status using SMS Service
To check the status of your PAN (Permanent Account Number) card application using SMS service, you can follow these steps. Please note that this method primarily applies to PAN applications submitted through NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited). The process might have evolved, so it’s always a good idea to verify the current procedure on the NSDL website or contact their customer service for the latest information.
To check your PAN card application status using SMS service, send an SMS in the following format:
For NSDL PAN Applications:
- Open the messaging app on your mobile phone.
- Compose a new SMS.
- Send the SMS to 57575 or 567678.
- The format of the SMS should be: `NSDLPAN <Your 15-digit Acknowledgment Number>`
For example, if your Acknowledgment Number is 123456789012345, your SMS should look like this: `NSDLPAN 123456789012345`
- After sending the SMS, you will receive a response with the current status of your PAN card application.
Remember to use the Acknowledgment Number that you received when you applied for your PAN card. If you applied through UTIITSL or any other agency, you should check the respective agency’s website or contact their customer service for information on checking your PAN card status via SMS. Additionally, please verify the latest contact details and procedures on the NSDL website.
Check the instant e-PAN Card status by Aadhaar Number
You can check the status of your instant e-PAN card by Aadhaar number through the official Income Tax Department’s website. Instant e-PAN is a service that allows individuals to obtain a PAN card quickly using their Aadhaar number. Here’s how you can check the status:
- Visit the official e-filing website of the Income Tax Department: https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Under the “Quick Links” section on the page’s left, click on “Instant PAN through Aadhaar.“
- You will be redirected to the e-PAN portal.
- Click on “Check Status of PAN.” to check the status of the e-PAN application. This option might also be labelled as “Check Status.”
3. Enter your Aadhaar number in the provided field.
4. Complete the CAPTCHA verification.
5. Click on the “Submit” or “Check Status” button.
6. The system will then retrieve the status of your instant e-PAN application. The status could be “Available” if your e-PAN is ready, or it might show a different status if it’s still in progress.
If your e-PAN is available, you can download it directly from the portal. Remember, the availability and processing time for instant e-PAN may vary, so if your e-PAN is not ready, you may need to check back later.
What are the Common reasons for delays in PAN card processing?
There could be several different reasons behind the delay of the PAN card process, including an application that seems inadequate or not correct, Complications regarding the Document Verification process, a High Number of Applications, Glitches within technology or system shortcomings, Delays with postal or courier services, and regulatory bottlenecks.
These delays are primarily dependent on the efficiency of the processing authority. If a user faces a delay in the application process, then he/she is advised to contact the appropriate authority or support staff for additional help and status updates on the submission of the application.
What to do if the PAN card status shows discrepancies or errors?
To prevent additional problems, rectifying mistakes or inaccuracies as quickly as possible is preferable. In addition, users can contact the PAN card customer service agents for assistance while dealing with the problem at hand.
What are the Expected timelines for PAN card issuance and delivery?
From applying to receiving the PAN card, the entire procedure of PAN card issuance and delivery may take around 25 and 40 working days.