GTA 5 is possibly one of the most pioneering games in the world. When it comes to open world gameplay and a gripping storyline, GTA 5 still tops the charts in terms of being the most flexible and also one of the most fun games to play. As a result, GTA 5 is still one of the most bought and most played games across various game stores such as the Epic Games store, or Valve’s Steam. On this note, if you’ve been out of touch with gaming, or are just starting out, we give you a step-wise guide to downloading GTA 5 on your devices.
Downloading GTA 5 on PC via Steam
Valve’s Steam is one of the biggest game stores for PC. If you’re just starting out in gaming, to download GTA 5 from Steam, you will first need to set up a free account on Steam.
- To set up with Steam account, simply access the Steam store website on your PC via a compatible browser, head to the top-right login menu, and follow the on-screen instructions to register your account. Keep in mind that you will need to provide an email address that has not been previously associated with a Steam account. You will also be asked to choose an avatar and a gamer tag for your Steam account, and this gamer tag will be your identity on the Steam store.
- Once your account is set up, head to the Steam store’s front page and click on ‘Install Steam’. This will install the Steam desktop client on your PC, which will set up the Steam account on your desktop. Bear in mind that you will require this account to play every time. Once installed, login using your Steam registered email address.
- After logging in, access the Steam store from within the desktop client. Here, search for GTA 5, select the edition that you would like to purchase, and go to billing.
- At the billing stage, you can add your credit card to your account for easy debit in future. You can also choose to redeem any Steam credits (should you have any).
- Once you clear payment, the game will be added to your games library. Post which you can access from ‘My Library’ on the Steam desktop client. Head to GTA 5 there, and select ‘begin download’. GTA 5 will start downloading, and once completed, will begin the installation process.
- Once installed, you will also be required to setup a Rockstar Games account, which you can do so by using your Steam credentials. Once login is completed, you can start playing GTA 5.
- Note: GTA 5 is a large game. As a result, it is recommended that you have a high bandwidth, unlimited broadband internet connection to download the game on.
Downloading GTA 5 on PC via Epic Games
- Downloading GTA 5 using the Epic Games store is essentially similar to using Steam. Here, access the Epic Games store and sign up using your email address. Here, too, you will be asked to select a gamer tag for identification on the store.
- Once you register, you’ll be asked to install the Epic Games desktop client. Install it from the Epic Games site, sign in with your credentials, head to the store and add the game to your account. Once you clear payment, the game will be added to your library.
- Once added, you can then download it to your PC. After download, you can begin installation. You will then be required to setup the Rockstar Games account, which you can do using the Epic Games store.
GTA 5 on Android?
There were plenty of reports about an official version of GTA 5 premiering on Android. However, it is important to note that Rockstar Games has not published a version of GTA 5 on Android, and official GTA versions available on Android are:
- Vice City
- San Andreas
- Liberty City: Stories
- Chinatown Wars
- GTA III
As a result, you will not be able to play an official port of the game on Android. Do not trust third party apk websites urging you to download GTA 5. You may end up downloading infected files to your smartphone as a result.