Indian Bank is one of India’s largest Nationalized banks. The bank’s headquarters are located in Chennai and it is under the ownership of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. The bank has over 100 million customers with 6,004 branches and 5,428 ATMs and xash deposit machines across India. Indian Bank is also one of the handful of banks globally to be equipped with Information Systems and Security processes certified with the ISO 27001:2013 standard. It has 227 Overseas Correspondent banks in 75 countries.
With a major presence in India as well as outside the country, the bank offers a robust set of services for its millions of users including SMS banking, Internet banking, app support, and much more. In this guide, we will take a look at how you can check the bank balance of your bank account using different methods like missed call service, SMS banking, app, online portal or internet banking, toll-free number and lastly using an ATM machine. In 2020, Allahabad Bank was merged with Indian Bank and both bank users can use the same steps to check the balance.
How to Check Indian Bank Balance via Missed Call Banking Service
The most straightforward way to get an update on your balance is using the missed call service, which is free of cost. Here is how you can check Indian bank balance using missed call service.
- Dial 8108781085
- After a couple of rings, the call will automatically end
- Once the call ends, you will get an SMS from the bank with your Indian Bank account balance
How to Check Indian Bank Balance via Internet Banking
- Visit Indian Bank Internet banking website
- Click on “Login for net banking”
- Enter User ID, captcha code and select “Login”
- Once logged in, click on the “Accounts” tab on the left menu
- Once you click, the account summary will be displayed along with the existing account balance
To register for SMS banking and internet banking facility, you can visit the nearest bank brand and fill out a form. Tick on the boxes like mobile banking and SMS banking and add your mobile number as well. Your number will be configured for mobile alerts. Within seven working days, the PIN-Mailer will be delivered.
How to Check Indian Bank Balance via Mobile Application
- Download and install IndOASIS – Indian Bank Mobile Banking application on Android or iOS
- Complete the registration process on the app with mobile number, MPIN, password
- Once you have the valid login credentials, tap on the login
- Enter User ID and M-PIN
- Tap on “Accounts”
- Under the Accounts tab, your account balance will be displayed
How to Check Indian Bank Balance via SMS
Once you have registered your phone number with your bank account, you can use this method to get the balance instantly. This method is useful in case you don’t have an internet connection or you don’t have access to Mobile banking and Internet banking yet.
- Send an SMS to 9444394443
- Type “BALAVL <space> Account Number <space> MPIN” (E.g BALAVL 989898989 5555)
- After SMS validation, you will get an SMS from the bank with your remaining balance
Similarly, you can get your last three transaction details by sending “BALAVL <space> Account Number <space> MPIN” to 9444394443.
How to Check Indian Bank Balance via Toll-Free Number
- Dial 1800 425 00 000
- Select your preferred language
- The IVR will let you know your account balance as soon as you select the appropriate option
How to Check Indian Bank Balance via Debit Card using ATM Machine
- Insert your Indian Bank ATM card into the machine
- Enter your ATM pin
- Select the “Balance Enquiry” option
- Check the balance and complete the transaction
These were the 6 different ways to check your Indian bank balance. We have included multiple ways to check the balance, giving you the option to check the balance both with and without the internet.
How to Check Indian Bank Balance via UPI App
You can also check your Indian Bank balance using different UPI apps. Google Pay, Paytm, BHIM, and more allow you to check the balance of your Indian Bank account. In this article, we are going to use Google Pay as an example and how you can check the balance of your Indian Bank using the app. Here’s how you can do it:
- Download and Install Google Pay application on your Android or iOS device.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to sign up for the service and to create a UPI PIN.
- Once done, you can simply open the Profile section of the application.
- Now click on Payment Methods and then select the Indian Bank account.
- There, you will find an option to check for the balance.
- Just click on it and enter the UPI PIN to check the balance of your Indian Bank.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is CIF Number in Indian Bank?
A Customer Information File or CIF number is a unique 9-digit number that is assigned to you by the bank.
How Can I Find a CIF Number in Indian Bank?
One can easily find out the CIF number of your Indian Bank account. Firstly, you can get the CIF number on your passbook and chequebook. One can also use the bank’s online services to find the CIF number. Moreover, you can visit the bank or call on customer care number from your registered number to check for the CIF number.