Instagram Live Rooms feature is now live that allows users to go live with multiple guests. The company has revealed that India is one of the first countries to get this feature. The new feature will allow creators to go live with up to three guests, which provides more opportunities to expand their reach. The new feature can be used for various purposes like the podcast, jam session, and more. Let's take a closer look at the new Live Rooms feature of Instagram.
Instagram Live Room Feature rolled out in India
Instagram Live gives people the ability to connect to their audience virtually. In March, the Instagram Lice views in India grew 60 per cent on a week-on-week basis. So, in order to make Live feature more diverse, the company has added support for up to three guests. This will allow creators to have conversations with their communities and expand their reach. One can use this feature to start a talk show or a podcast, for Q&As sessions, or simply hang out with friends and more. The rollout for ‘Live Rooms’ has begun and will be available to everyone in India and Indonesia soon.
Ajit Mohan, Vice President and Managing Director, Facebook India, said, "Creators are at the forefront of pushing culture and creativity on Instagram and we're constantly innovating to help them express themselves better. This year in particular has seen extensive use of Live, and as physical distancing norms continue, Live will remain an invaluable feature to bring friends, families and audiences together, and foster meaningful conversations. From the launch of Reels, to the testing and rollout of Live Rooms, India is playing a crucial role in the way products are being designed for the future."
How to use Instagram Live Rooms
The process of using Instagram Live Rooms is fairly simple. Users can follow these steps:
To go live
- Tap the plus sign in the top left-hand corner of your stories tray or click the "Create" plus icon in the top right of the home navigation bar. One can swipe left when from the main Instagram home screen.
- Scroll to and tap the Live camera option at the bottom
- Use the menu on the left to add a title if you so choose
- Tap the circular button to go live
Adding guests to your live stream
- While you're already live, tap the Camera/Rooms icon
- Now, you'll see people that have requested to join your live. You can also search for your guest's name to send them a request to join your live.
- Simply tap on the guest's handle to add them
The company says that one add all three guests at one time, and you can also add guests at a later time.