- iQOO 12 and iQOO 12 Pro smartphones have been launched in China.
- Both smartphones come with an AMOLED display, Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 processor, triple rear cameras, and more.
- The iQOO 12 will launch in India on December 12.
iQOO has launched its iQOO 12 smartphone series in China. The lineup includes two smartphones – the iQOO 12 and iQOO 12 Pro. The devices are successors to iQOO 11 and iQOO 11 Pro respectively, which were made official last year. Of the two new iQOO 12 smartphones, the Pro variant is more premium as it ships with a bigger display, a higher water resistance IP rating, a bigger battery, and more.
The smartphones share similar specifications when it comes to processors, cameras, and software. The Vivo sub-brand has already confirmed that the vanilla iQOO 12 will be available in India from December 12. It will be available on the e-commerce site Amazon. We look at the price, specifications, and features of iQOO 12 and iQOO 12 Pro.
iQOO 12, iQOO 12 Pro: Price And Availability
The iQOO 12 and iQOO 12 Pro will be available in three storage configurations each. Both smartphones are available in three colour options – Black, White, and Red.
The base model of the iQOO 12 ships with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage and will sell at CNY 3,999 in China, which is approximately Rs 46,400 upon conversion. The 16GB+512GB storage variant will be available at a price of CNY 4,299 (approx. Rs 49,900), while the most expensive 16GB + 1TB version will cost CNY 4,699 (approx. Rs 54,600) respectively.
As for the Pro model, the RAM option remains the same for all configurations, which is 16GB. The one with 256GB storage carries a price tag of CNY 4,999 (approx. Rs 58,000), while the 512GB storage model comes at CNY 5,499 (approx. Rs 63,800). The variant with the maximum 1TB storage is priced at CNY 5,999 (approx. Rs 69,700) in China.
As for the iQOO 12 India launch, the company has already confirmed that it will be available in the market. The smartphone will be officially announced on December 12, following which it will go on sale on Amazon.
When launched, the iQOO 12 could be the first smartphone to rock the newly announced Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC in India. In terms of India pricing, the iQOO 12 is expected to be priced competitively, going by the company’s past strategy.
To recall, the iQOO 11, which made its debut in India earlier this year, was priced starting at Rs 59,999 and we expect its successor to be launched in the similar price segment as well. Of course, we will need to wait for an official launch to know more details on the price and variants of iQOO 12.
IQOO 12, iQOO 12 Pro: Features
In terms of design, both smartphones have a huge squarish rear camera module, which is curved at the edges. The LED flash unit is placed outside of the camera module on the top right corner of the back panel. The Pro model sports a curved-edged display.
Both the iQOO 12 and iQOO 12 Pro feature an AMOLED display with a refresh rate of 144Hz, and a peak brightness of 3,000 nits. There is support for HDR10 as well. Security features include a fingerprint sensor integrated into the display.
Both smartphones sport dual stereo speakers. In terms of performance, the gaming experience is expected to enhance, thanks to a dedicated e-sports Q1 chipset. The smartphones take advantage of the four-zone cooling system in addition to a VC vapor chamber to dissipate heat.
IQOO 12, iQOO 12 Pro Specifications
- Display: 6.74-inch flat AMOLED, 1.5K resolution (iQOO 12), 6.7-inch curved AMOLED, 2K resolution (iQOO 12 Pro), 144Hz refresh rate, 3,000 nits peak brightness, HDR10
- Rear Camera: 50MP main camera, OIS + 50MP ultra-wide lens + 64MP telephoto periscope lens, 3x optical zoom, 100x digital zoom, OIS
- Front Camera: 16MP
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC
- RAM/Storage: Up to 16GB LPDDR5x RAM/ up to 1TB UFS 4.0 storage
- Software: OriginOS 4 based on Android 14
- Battery: 5,000mAh with 120W wired charging support (iQOO 12), 5,100mAh with 120W wired and 50W wireless charging support (iQOO 12 Pro)
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.4, a USB-C port, Wi-Fi-7, NFC, IR Blaster
- Other features: IP64 rating (iQOO 12), IP68 rating (iQOO 12 Pro)