- The Edge 40 Neo is the second device in the Edge 40 series.
- The Motorola Edge 40 Neo comes with a premium vegan leather finish.
- The phone will go on sale via Flipkart starting next week.
The Motorola Edge 40 Neo is now official in India. The highly anticipated mid-range phone from Motorola was announced globally a week back and now, it has made its way to India. In India, the device will be sold via Flipkart and the phone will be available in three colour options.
The Edge 40 Neo is the second device in the Edge 40 series after the Motorola Edge 40, which was launched earlier this year for Rs 29,999. The newly launched device packs in some great specs and features like a 144Hx curved pOLED screen, IP68 dust and water resistance rating, a 50MP main camera, 32MP selfie snapper, fast charging, and much more 一 all these features for under Rs 25,000. Let us take a look at the detailed specifications and pricing of the device ahead.
Motorola Edge 40 Neo: Price in India and Availability
The Motorola Edge 40 Neo is priced at Rs 20,999 for the 8GB+128GB variant and the 12GB+256GB variant is priced at Rs 22,999. The company also mentioned that this pricing will be only for a limited time as a part of the Festival special. Later on, the price will move up to 23,999 and Rs 25,999 for the 8GB and 12GB variants respectively. The device will be available in three colourways 一 Caneel Bay, Black Beauty, and Soothing Sea. The first sale of the device will happen on September 28th via Flipkart at 7 PM.
Motorola Edge 40 Neo Features and Specifications
Motorola claims that the Edge 40 Neo is the world’s lightest phone with an IP68 rating. The phone measures 7.89mm thick and weighs about 172 grams. It is also the first phone in the segment to feature a 144Hz 10-bit curved display. The Edge 40 Neo flaunts a 6.55-inch 10-bit pOLED display with Full HD+ resolution and sports up to 144Hz screen refresh rate. It has a peak brightness of 1300 nits and there is a punch-hole cutout at the centre.
In terms of processing power, the phone is an octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 7030 SoC, which is built on a 6nm fabrication process. This phone is also the first in the world to feature this chipset from the house of MediaTek. The phone is paired with up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. There is no option to expand the memory here. The handset runs Android 13 out of the box with MyUX skin on top.
Moving to the camera department, the Edge 40 Neo offers a dual rear camera setup led by a 50MP sensor with OIS and then, there is a 13MP ultra-wide angle snapper on the back with support for macro and depth photography as well. For selfies and video-calling purposes, the photo relies on a 32MP camera. It is equipped with a 5,000mAh battery which supports 68W fast charging 一 50% charge in just 15 minutes. Lastly, the phone comes in a premium vegan leather finish on the back, which adds a premium look and feel to the device.
Motorola Edge 40 Neo: Specifications
- Display: 6.55-inch 10-bit pOLED display, Full HD+ resolution (2400 × 1080 pixel), 409ppi pixel density, 144Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, 1300nits peak brightness
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 7030, 6nm, Mali G610 GPU
- Memory and Storage: 8GB/ 12GB LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB/ 256GB uMCP storage
- Software: Android 13 (2 OS updates and 3 years of security updates assured)
- Cameras: 50MP primary camera with OIS (f/1.8), 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens (f/2.2) with macro and depth capabilities, and LED flash
- Front Camera: 32MP (f/2.4) selfie camera with photo booth mode
- Battery and Charging: 5000mAh battery, 68W TurboPower fast charging, USB 2.0 Type-C port
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock
- Audio: Stereo speaker with Dolby Atmos audio and Moto Spatial Sound
- Dimensions: 159.6 × 72 × 7.89
- Weight: 172 grams
- Others: IP68 water repellent, Moto Connect, ThinkShield for Mobile, Vegan Leather Finish
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 15 5G bands, WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, GLONASS, and Galileo
- Colour Options: Caneel Bay, Black Beauty, and Soothing Sea