OxygenOS 13, based on Android 13 was announced officially by OnePlus during the launch of the OnePlus 10T earlier in August 2022. OxygenOS 13 is OnePlus’ custom Android skin for OnePlus devices in India and other global markets. For those who are unaware, OnePlus devices in China now use ColorOS skin.
The company has announced the list of devices eligible for the Android 13 update, and we have about 15 OnePlus devices scheduled to get the OxygenOS 13. The stable version of the update will start rolling out later in 2022 once Google announces the Android 13 stable build. Before pushing out the stabler version of the update, OnePlus usually does a closed beta and open beta program to test the new OxygenOS skin; in case you are interested, you can opt-in as they announce the details on the OnePlus forum.
Let’s take a look at the release date, features, and list of eligible devices for OxygenOS 13.
OxygenOS 13 Update Release Date
On August 3, OnePlus announced the OxygenOS 13 based on Android 13 and revealed some of the major features of the update. A week after the announcement, OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 10 Pro was also announced. The stable version of the OxygenOS update will commence rolling out once Google unveils Android 13 later this year.
OxygenOS 13 Top Features
According to OnePlus, the new OxygenOS 13 combines its faster, smoother experience and more stable performance with an all-new Aquamorphic design, which takes inspiration from the flow of water. OxygenOS 13 now comes with soft and rounded edges across its design. The new update will also make widgets more accessible through one long press. The colours of OxygenOS 13’s design will intelligently transition to match the time of day you are using your device.
Always-on Display (AOD)
OnePlus is adding a whole bunch of new additions to the AoD. OxygenOS 13 is getting more contextual-based recommendations for AoD. For instance, in India AOD feature for tracking food deliveries will be available for Zomato and Swiggy. Apart from that, you also get Spotify’s AoD widget and many more options to customization options like Bitmoji, Canvas, etc.
New addition with Android 13, OnePlus’s smart launcher lets you access applications from folders faster by making folders and their contents larger on your home screen (Similar to the Nothing Launcher). Apps within the folders can be tapped directly without having to open the folder itself. With the launcher, you can quickly add widgets as well.
AI System Booster
Ths AI system booster with advanced, intelligent memory management systems allows you to suspend more applications at once so you can quickly jump from one to another for a faster, smoother, and uninterrupted experience. This should also help in better memory management.
Another new feature for OnePlus, the sidebar toolbox offers a better one-handed user experience. The sidebar, if enabled will bring up some pre-selected apps and tools like calculator, notes, etc.
OnePlus is adding a few new audio-related features with OxygenOS 13. The new version of the skin will offer support for spatial audio, where you can adjust the direction of sound in different applications (however you need compatible hardware). And then, there is support for Dolby Atmos as well. Another feature that OnePlus is adding and enhancing is fast pair. Fast Pair allows you to seamlessly connect your device with supported wireless earbuds and headphones, smart TVs, and more in a few seconds. Lastly, with Audio Switch, you can easily switch from one audio device to another, or vice versa.
With OxygenOS 13, if you take a screenshot of a chat, the system will add an automatic pixelation feature. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect privacy. Also, the system adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
- The update upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions
- HyperBoost Gaming Engine 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios
- Optimizes fonts for better readability
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements
- More markup tools for screenshot editing
- Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up the Shelf by default (can be disabled)
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience
- Real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Nearby Share lets you transfer content from Android and Windows devices
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience
- App streaming allows you to cast screen content to other nearby ChromeOS devices
- Automatically warn of risky applications and downloads for improved safety
- Private Safe 2.0 secures data, documents, and media files in a virtual safe so they cannot be accessed by other applications
OxygenOS 13 List of Compatible OnePlus Mobiles
OnePlus has confirmed the OxygenOS 13 update based on Android 13 for the following OnePlus smartphones.
- OnePlus 10 Pro
- OnePlus 10T
- OnePlus 10R
- OnePlus 9RT
- OnePlus 9R
- OnePlus 9 Pro
- OnePlus 9
- OnePlus 8T
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus Nord 2T
- OnePlus Nord 2
- OnePlus Nord CE 2
- OnePlus Nord CE
- OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite
In case you missed it, OnePlus has promised three years of updates for OnePlus 10/9/8 series devices and four years of security updates. OnePlus Nord and OnePlus 7 series devices will get two OS updates and three years of security updates. The OnePlus Nord N series will get one OS update and three years of security updates.
OxygenOS 13 Latest News
OnePlus Rolls Out Android 13 Based OxygenOS 13 Open Beta Update for OnePlus 10R (October 3, 2022)
OnePlus has started rolling out the Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 open beta update for its OnePlus 10R smartphone. The company has revealed that the beta software is available for devices in the designated OxygenOS 12 version (A.07/A.08 for OnePlus 10R; A.06/A.07/A.08 for OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition).
OnePlus Pulls OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 1 Update for OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro (September 29, 2022)
OnePlus has pulled the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta update for its OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro users. The company has revealed that they have taken down the open beta 1 update due to a bug. The brand further revealed that it is preparing for the OnePlus 9 series Open Beta 2 update, which is expected to be released in mid-to-late October.
OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 2 Update Rolls out for OnePlus 10 Pro (August 18, 2022)
OnePlus has started rolling out the Android 13-based Open Beta 2 update to its latest OnePlus 10 Pro smartphone. The new update comes with host of interesting features like new Aquamorphic design with new theme colours, updated animations, optimized fonts, an more. The update also brings new Meeting assistant, better media playback controls in Quick settings, and more. Here’s the full changelog:
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
• Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
• Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connection and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up the Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
• Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
[Security & privacy]
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for screenshots of chats. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
• Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
[Health & Digital wellbeing]
• Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
• Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
• Optimizes Dolby Sound effects with enhanced spatial sound field perception and more accurate sound sourcing.
• Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
• Improves system stability for some scenarios.
• Fixes an issue where icons would sometimes overlap in Quick Settings.
• Fixes an issue where a panel might be automatically pulled down from the status bar in some cases.
• Fixes an issue that might cause auto brightness to respond slowly.
• Fixes an occasional flicker issue that might occur when your device screen is turned off or on.
• Fixes an issue where the Quick Settings background might appear transparent.
• Fixes an issue where you might be unable to wake your screen by double-tapping it in Guest mode.
• Fixes an issue where your screen might be slow to wake when the Power button is pressed.
• Fixes an issue where the “Other” category might take up a huge portion of your device storage.
• Fixes an issue where the Camera would lag.
Oxygen OS 13 Beta Update Available for OnePlus 10 Pro Users in India
A week after OxygenOS 13 announcement, OnePlus started rolling out Oxygen OS 13 Beta for OnePlus 10 Pro users in India and North America. Interested users can opt-in for the program by manually installing the update. More OnePlus devices are expedited to receive the Open Beta update soon.
OxygenOS 13 Announced, Here’s a List of OnePlus Devices That Will Get New Update
The OxygenOS 13 software skin was announced on August 3 at the OnePlus 10T launch event. The company reveals all the major features of the Android 13 for OnePlus devices and it also announced the list of eligible devices for the update.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page