- The Realme GT 5 will pack up to 24GB of RAM.
- The smartphone will be powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC as revealed by Geekbench.
- One of the Realme GT 5 model could offer 240W fast charging, while the other model might support 150W fast charging.
Realme is set to launch the Realme GT 5 smartphone in China on August 28. The company confirmed the launch date of the smartphone earlier today. Additionally, the brand has been confirming several aspects of the smartphone through teasers over the last few days. As confirmed by the company earlier, the GT 5 will feature 24GB of RAM and it will have a 240W fast charging support. While we wait for the launch of the smartphone, the Realme GT 5 series smartphones now have appeared on Geekbench.
Realme GT 5 Series To Be Powered By Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC
Two variants of the Realme GT 5 with model numbers RMX3820 and RMX3823 respectively have appeared on the Geekbench. One of the Realme GT 5 variants with model number RMX3820 will pack up to 16GB of RAM, while the other model RMX3823 will ship with 24GB of RAM as revealed by the Geekbench test result. Both these devices will be powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset. As for the software, these devices will boot Android 13 out of the box with the company’s Realme UI 4.0 skin on top.
The Realme GT 5 (RMX3820) is expected to pack a 4,600mAh battery which could offer 240W fast charging support, while the other variant (RMX3823) might come with a 5,000mAh battery, offering 150W fast charging support. These devices already have received the TENAA certification in China a couple of weeks back. Previously, these phones were supposed to debut in the market with Realme GT Neo 6 moniker. However, as confirmed by OnLeaks, and tipster Digital Chat Station earlier, these devices will debut as Realme GT 5.
As far as the specifications of the Realme GT 5 go, the handset is rumoured to feature a 6.74-inch AMOLED display with a 1.5K resolution and a 144Hz refresh rate. In terms of the optics department, the Realme GT 5 might boast a triple-camera setup which could include a 50MP primary camera (Sony IMX890) with OIS support. The primary 50MP sensor might be paired with an 8MP ultra-wide lens and a 2MP sensor. For selfies and video-calling purpose, the handset might rely on a 16MP camera.
We shall get to learn more details about the Realme GT 5 series once it launches on August 28 in China.
Realme GT 5 Specifications (Expected)
- Display: 6.74-inch AMOLED display, 1.5K resolution, 144Hz refresh rate, Punch-hole cutout.
- Processor: Octa-core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC with Adreno 740 GPU.
- RAM And Storage: 16GB/24GB, 256GB/512GB/1TB internal storage.
- Rear-facing camera: 50MP primary camera, Sony IMX890 sensor, OIS, 8MP ultra-wide lens, 2MP sensor, dual LED flash.
- Front-facing camera: 16MP.
- Battery: 4,600/5,000mAh battery, 240W/150W fast charging support.
- Other Features: In-display fingerprint sensor, face unlock.
- Software: Android 13.