- The Redmi 12 was recently listed on the company’s official website in Portugal.
- The smartphone will be powered by a MediaTek Helio G88 processor.
- It will feature a 90Hz refresh rate display and a 50MP camera setup.
Xiaomi is expected to launch a new budget smartphone – the Redmi 12 in the coming weeks. A few weeks back, Redmi 12 with the model number 23053RN02L was spotted on Federal Communications Commission (FCC) certification database. Recently, the Redmi 12 was listed on Xiaomi’s official website in Portugal.
A leak that surfaced on the web a couple of weeks ago claimed that the Redmi 12 will launch on June 2 in global markets. However, we know that didn’t happen. Now, in a new development, tipster Paras Guglani, in collaboration with NewzOnly, has revealed the sale date and pricing of the Redmi 12.
To recall, as per the listing, the Redmi 12 will feature a 90Hz LCD display with a Full HD+ resolution and a punch-hole notch. The upcoming Redmi smartphone will be powered by a MediaTek Helio G88 processor and up to 8GB of RAM. The handset will offer a side-mounted fingerprint scanner on the security front and will come pre-loaded with the company’s proprietary MIUI 14.
The Redmi 12, going by the official listing, will offer a triple-rear camera setup including a 50MP primary shooter. It will be equipped with a 5000mAh battery and 18W fast charging support. It will offer an 8MP selfie camera and will weigh around 200 grams. Let us take a closer look at the Redmi 12 leaked price, specifications, and features.
Redmi 12: What Could be the Pricing and Availability
The report reveals that the Redmi 12 be priced at $155 (approx Rs 12,790). This should be the pricing for the base variant, which is 4GB + 128GB. As per the tipster, the Redmi 12 is likely to go on sale within the next 10 days.
The tipster further reveals that the Redmi 12 will launch in three colour options – Blue, Black, and Silver. Official marketing names for these colour options will be Sky Blue, Midnight Black, and Polar Silver.
Redmi 12: Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.79-inch LCD Display with Full HD+ (1080 × 2400 pixel) resolution, 90Hz Refresh Rate, Centered Punch-hole Notch
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G88 SoC with Mali G52 GPU
- Memory and Storage: 4GB/8GB RAM and 128GB/256GB storage, Micro-SD Card Slot
- Software: Android 13-based MIUI 14
- Cameras: 50MP Primary Camera, 8MP Ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP Auxiliary sensor, LED Flash
- Front Camera: 8MP Selfie Camera
- Battery and Charging: 5000mAh Battery with 18W Fast Charging, USB Type-C Port
- Dimensions: 168.60 × 76.28 × 8.17mm
- Weight: 198.5 grams
- Security: Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 4G, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, and Glonass
- Colours: Sky Blue, Midnight Black, and Polar Silver
We can expect Xiaomi to make a formal announcement in the coming days.