- The Redmi 12 India variant will be powered by Helio G88 SoC.
- The smartphone will pack up to 6GB of RAM.
- The device will come in Jade Black and Moonstone Silver colour options.
Xiaomi is all set to launch the Redmi 12 smartphone in India on August 1. Ahead of the official launch, the company has been teasing the device through its social media handles. Recently, the company confirmed that the Redmi 12 will be arriving in Jade Black and Moonstone Silver colour options. While we wait for the device’s launch, it has now appeared on Geekbench. The Geekbench listing details the processor, RAM information, and software version of the Redmi 12 before the August 1 launch.
Redmi 12 India Variant Will Feature Helio G88 SoC As Per Geekebench Listing
As per the Geekbench listing, the Redmi 12 India variant (23053RN02I) will be powered by MediaTek’s octa-core Helio G88 processor. The device will pack up to 6GB of RAM. As for the software, the handset will run Android 13 out of the box with MIUI skin on top. The smartphone has managed to pull off 436 and 1388 points in the single-core and multi-core tests, respectively.
We can expect the device to offer the same specifications as that of the global model, which debuted in Thailand last month. The Redmi 12 boasts a 6.79-inch display with a Full HD+ 2460 x 1080 pixels resolution. The device has a 396 PPI pixel density, up to 550 nits brightness, and a 90Hz refresh rate. The smartphone comes in 4GB/8GB RAM along with 128GB/256GB storage in the global market. It features a triple-camera setup consisting of a 50MP primary camera, an 8MP ultra-wide lens, and a 2MP macro sensor.
The device features an 8MP camera on the front side. A 5,000mAh battery is equipped with the handset, which supports 18W fast charging. The rest of the key features which the Redmi 12 offer includes AI face unlock support, a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, and an IP53 rating.
The Redmi 12 top-end variant with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage costs TBH 5,299 (roughly Rs 12,516) in Thailand. We shall learn the pricing and availability details of the Redmi 12 for the Indian market on August 1st.
Redmi 12 Specifications (rumoured)
- Display: 6.79-inch display, Punch-hole cutout, 396 PPI pixel density, 550 nits brightness, 70% colour gamut, Full HD+ resolution.
- Processor: Octa-core 12nm Helio G88 SoC with Arm Mali-G52 GPU.
- RAM And Storage: 4GB/8GB RAM, 128GB/256GB storage, microSD card support.
- Software: Android 13 with MIUI 14.
- Rear-facing camera: 50MP main camera, f/1.8 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide lens, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro sensor, f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- Front-facing camera: 8MP, f/2.1 aperture.
- Other Features: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, AI face unlock, IP53 rating, dual-SIM card slot, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v5.3, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou, FM Radio, NFC, a 3.5mm audio jack, USB Type-C port, 4G LTE.
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 18W fast charging.