- The Redmi Note 12 flaunts a 120Hz AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- The smartphone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 685 processor.
- It features a 50MP primary camera and is equipped with a 5000mAh battery.
Xiaomi, back in March, launched the Redmi Note 12 (4G) smartphone in the Indian market. To those unaware, the Redmi Note 12 supports LTE connectivity only and is the cheapest handset under the Note 12 series. Since launch, Xiaomi has been selling the Note 12 exclusively via Flipkart in addition to its own e-commerce – mi.com. Now, the Redmi Note 12 can also be purchased through Amazon in India.
Xiaomi has also reduced the price of the Redmi Note 12 silently. To those unaware, the Redmi Note 12 comes in two configurations – 6GB + 64GB and 6GB + 128GB. At the time of writing, these variants were listed at a price of Rs 12,999 and Rs 14,999 respectively on Flipkart, Amazon, as well as mi.com.
The Redmi Note 12 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 685 processor. The smartphone offers a 50MP primary rear camera and a 120Hz AMOLED display. It comes equipped with a 5000mAh battery that is supported by 33W fast charging over a Type-C port. Let us take a closer look at the details.
Redmi Note 12: Price in India and Availability
The Redmi Note 12 comes in 6GB + 64GB and 6GB + 128GB configuration options which were priced at Rs 14,999 and Rs 16,999 respectively at launch. However, as of now, the Redmi Note 12 6GB + 64GB variant is listed at Rs 12,999. Whereas, the 6GB + 128GB variant of the device costs Rs 14,999.
|Smartphone||Configuration||Launch Price||Current Price|
Redmi Note 12
|6GB + 64GB||Rs 14,999||Rs 12,999|
|6GB + 128GB||Rs 16,999||Rs 14,999|
The Redmi Note 12 is available for purchase via Flipkart, Amazon, and mi.com. Buyers can also avail of a Rs 1000 instant discount with HDFC, ICICI, Axis, and SBI Credit card transactions. This means that you can buy the Redmi Note 12 at a starting price of Rs 11,999, as shown in the promotional banner on Amazon.
Redmi Note 12: Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.67-inch AMOLED display, Full HD+ (1080 × 2400 pixel) resolution, 394ppi pixel density, 120Hz refresh rate, 1200 nits peak brightness, 45,00,000:1 contrast ratio, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 685 (fabbed on TSMC’s 6nm process), Adreno 610 GPU
- Memory and Storage: 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64GB/ 128GB UFS 2.2 storage, dedicated microSD card slot
- Software: MIUI 14, based on Android 13. Upgradable to Android 14 and Android 15.
- Cameras: 50MP Samsung ISOCELL JN1 sensor, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP macro camera, and LED flash
- Front Camera: 13MP selfie camera
- Battery and Charging: 5000mAh battery, 33W fast charging support, USB Type-C charging port
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack with Hi-res audio
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 165.66 × 75.96 × 7.85mm
- Weight: 183.5 grams
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 4G, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, Glonass
- Others: Infrared sensor, IP53 dust and splash resistant
- Colour Options: Sunrise Gold, Ice Blue, and Lunar Black