- Samsung Galaxy S24+ smartphone has received India’s BIS certification.
- The Galaxy S24 Ultra smartphone was previously certified by India’s BIS.
- The vanilla Galaxy S24 is expected to clear BIS certification in the upcoming weeks.
Samsung is working on the upcoming flagship Galaxy “S” series smartphones to debut ahead of its schedule. The South Korean smartphone giant will reportedly debut the Galaxy S24 series smartphones on January 17. The India launch and global launch of the device will take simultaneously. The upcoming Galaxy S24 series smartphones has received multiple certifications indicating that the launch is nearing.
Our team at MySmartPrice recently spotted the Galaxy S24 Ultra smartphone in Thailand’s NBTC certification. The Galaxy S24 Ultra smartphone previously received India’s BIS certification, confirming the India launch of the device. The hands-on image of the Galaxy S24 Ultra smartphone revealed an identical design to its predecessor. The photos also show that Samsung equips the device with a titanium frame and flat display. 91Mobiles has spotted the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S24+ smartphone in BIS certification.
The report shared by 91Mobiles confirms that the Galaxy S24+ smartphone has received India’s Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) certification. The BIS certification ensures that the smartphone will debut soon in India. The device has received the BIS certification with the model number SM-S926B/DS.
The report reveals that the vanilla Galaxy S24 smartphone is expected to obtain BIS certification in the upcoming weeks. The BIS certification doesn’t reveal any specifications of the smartphone. The upcoming Galaxy S24 series smartphones will be available for pre-orders between January 26 and January 30. The upcoming smartphones would be the first non-Pixel smartphones to equip Bard AI.
A separate report also revealed that the device will incorporate many AI features to compete against Pixel 8 series smartphones. The 3C certification of the smartphone revealed that the device will sport 45W fast charging tech. The South Korean variant of the Galaxy S24+ smartphone with the model number SM-S926N appeared in the GeekBench listing.
The listing confirmed that Samsung will equip the device with the South Korean variant with Exynos 2400 chipset paired with up to 12GB RAM. The smartphone scored 2044 points in single-core and 6406 points in multi-core tests. The US variant of the device was spotted in GeekBench with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC. The US variant scored 2223 points in single-core and 6661 points in multi-core tests.
The listings also confirm that Samsung will equip the device with One UI 6 based on Android 14 out of the box. The Dekra Certification received by the Galaxy S24+ smartphone with the battery model number EB-BS926ABY confirmed that Samsung will equip the device with a 4775mAh rated battery.
Samsung Galaxy S24+ Expected Specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch, Dynamic M13 AMOLED LTPO panel, QHD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, a peak brightness of 2500 nits.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 Made for Galaxy, Adreno 740 GPU, Exynos 2400 SoC (in selected markets).
- RAM and Storage: Up to 12GB RAM, 512GB Storage.
- Software: One UI 6 based on Android 14.
- Rear Cameras: 50 MP primary, 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 10MP telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom.
- Front Camera: 12MP sensor.
- Battery: 4900mAh, 45W wired charging, wireless charging support.
- Others: Metallic Frame, IP68 water and dust resistance, in-display fingerprint scanner.